Automatic stop start disable???

7928hoges

Vehicle(s)
Levorg gt1.6 premium
Hi. How do i disable the automatic stop start feature in my levorg gt 1.6 premium??

What!?!

Vehicle(s)
My20
If it’s possible, it’s likely only changeable by a Subaru service Centre
Or if you’re really keen you might be able to do it with an odb2 tool

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Hi. How do i disable the automatic stop start feature in my levorg gt 1.6 premium??
I don't know about yours, but on the UK model on the centre console by the heated seats switches is a button with @ (but with A as the inner symbol) pressing that disables the stop start function.
But why would you want to do that for? The purpose is to save you fuel in the long run and cut down exhaust emissions. Applying the parking brake or taking your foot off the brake pedal restarts the car. Likewise pressing the accelerator. There is absolutely no excessive wear attached to the starter motor, clutch (in manual gearbox cars) or any other associated components. If there's not enough charge in the car battery, it won't even function.

Last edited:
Vehicle(s)
If it’s possible, it’s likely only changeable by a Subaru service Centre
Or if you’re really keen you might be able to do it with an odb2 tool
I believe that it's one of those functions that has been adopted internationally by major car markets on the grounds of health and safety. Like ABS, EBS, airbags and running lights. It might be illegal to disable it permanently. You do have however the ability though to disable it per journey though. I've told 7982hoges to to do that.

What!?!

Vehicle(s)
My20
I believe that it's one of those functions that has been adopted internationally by major car markets on the grounds of health and safety. Like ABS, EBS, airbags and running lights. It might be illegal to disable it permanently.
Fair points , but on the STi and maybe also the 2.0 GT version it’s disabled from the factory. Consensus from the web seems to be that it doesn’t really save that much fuel, and I wonder if that by definition would also extend to the emissions as well. It’s always struck me as a solution in search of a problem kind of thing, but that’s just my 2 cents.

Vehicle(s)
Fair points , but on the STi and maybe also the 2.0 GT version it’s disabled from the factory. Consensus from the web seems to be that it doesn’t really save that much fuel, and I wonder if that by definition would also extend to the emissions as well. It’s always struck me as a solution in search of a problem kind of thing, but that’s just my 2 cents.
You're spot on, it doesn't save much fuel in my Levorg, around 500 odd millilitre the most I've ever recorded before I refilled the petrol tank.
Mine doesn't kick in that often, most likely due to over 80% of my trips are less than 4 miles distance.
On my wife's Renault Captur it's a absolute pain, because it works 98% of the time and you have to remember to rev the nuts out of it to get moving again or it will bog down, I don't have that so blatantly. Linear power delivery like my Levorg it certainly doesn't have.

manumissio

There are little electronic devices you can install on the control knob of the start-stop in the middle console. Start-stop is very uncomfortable and can even confuse people. Your distribution chain will love this device.