Happy Chappy

kpny

Hi Folks, i'm also a proud owner of a GT-S Spec-B. Picked up about two weeks ago, and its been great so far. Looking to learn heaps more about it whilst driving, but also from fellow members here.

Thought I'd post some pics of my configuration for those who want to know what the Honeycomb Grill and carbon trim options look like.

Any questions, let me know folks!

Attachments

Dee

Very nice! I think you're my twin :p Heaps better with the carbon parts. The silver trim underneath scratches quite easily.

kpny

Very nice! I think you're my twin :p Heaps better with the carbon parts. The silver trim underneath scratches quite easily.
Hi Dee, the white looks awesome in the sun! Haven't seen too many Levorg's around the streets of VIC.

The carbon trim was a last minute decision because I had access to staff discounts (family member works at Subaru) otherwise the costs did not justify the bling. It looks good now that i drive the car, but i reckon there are other ways to change the look for cheaper i.e. 3M vinyl wrap.

Dee

Yer, I like the sparkle it has in the paint that really stands out in the sun.

I'll have to look out for u on the streets.

ooOooOoo lucky staff discount :p cost always justifies the bling :rolleyes: well in some cases.

H_Green

The grill is so worth it, being colour-coded rather than chrome, I bought it too :D
My chrome nosed impreza has suffered from bug attacks over the years and it's much harder to make look better

Love the CF interior, been wanting to do that too, but the cost...on top of the grill...

Dee

Just do it Helen! :p Well worth it in the end! Plus if you got your parts from Japan, you would've saved a bucket load, CF included!

carpathia512

Does the honeycomb grill also delete the chrome grill outline? Looks like it does here... I bought my Levorg on release day back in June, and the accessories lady at Subaru had no idea what options there actually were so I didn't even get a choice of interior styling or the grill options etc. Disappointing, but I'll probably go back and buy the parts that I want now that they are actually an option.

How much did you pay for the grill?

H_Green

Does the honeycomb grill also delete the chrome grill outline? Looks like it does here... I bought my Levorg on release day back in June, and the accessories lady at Subaru had no idea what options there actually were so I didn't even get a choice of interior styling or the grill options etc. Disappointing, but I'll probably go back and buy the parts that I want now that they are actually an option.

How much did you pay for the grill?
Hi
Yeah, there is minimal chrome on the honeycomb grille - just a small strip on the leading edge (which I prefer, slowly getting rid of so much of it, just had the wing mirrors colour-coded too) - I was in the same boat as you, bought during the pre-release & there was little information on what accessories there were (but my dealer used the outback listing as a guide) & adding what I wanted at purchase pushed the value over the luxury car tax threshold (eek)

It was $7 to 800, can't really remember but you can go through the website & get that info - shows prices fitted & supply only, I bought a tonne of other bits at that first check everything is okay service and am lining up for another purchase at her first proper service in Jan (like the alarm), still got a long list of things I want and not making the mistake of leaving her stock for warranty and then all the bits are no longer available!

Attachments

carpathia512

It looks so much better. I'm really not a huge fan of the chrome grill surround. The grill on its own is fine, but the surround draws unnecessary attention to itself I think. I plasti-dipped the chrome to see how it would look (black because the blue is way too hard to colour match with plastic paint :p) I'm thinking of doing the chrome window trim delete too, and then putting some new rims on it, not sure what yet, but there will be mods!
lvrg_chromedelete_sm.jpg

Last edited:

H_Green

Just do it Helen! :p Well worth it in the end! Plus if you got your parts from Japan, you would've saved a bucket load, CF included!
Hey Dee
I see your profile picture, where did you get the Spec B logo from???

Helen

H_Green

Yeah I have but only small things, I have congregated about $1Ks worth of CF parts I want to get (but they are all quite small) and shipping looked to be about $130, less expensive than the US where most of the time it's more than the value of the product

Dee

Hey Dee
I see your profile picture, where did you get the Spec B logo from???

Helen
Hard to find it on it's own. A lotta searching. You can get it from the US, but it comes with the Legacy badging and it will cost a fair bit and for shipping too, as you all know.

Dee

Thanks guys. Any ideas on shipping costs etc? Have you both bought from there?
Shipping depends on what items you buy (i.e. size and weight), but it's still cheaper than the US and surprisingly quick. It will give you shipping costs before you actually purchase the products and which type of shipping method you prefer. Thou, some of the stuff I've bought from the US has been rather quick too.

Last edited:

XJxaxYX

Hi
Yeah, there is minimal chrome on the honeycomb grille - just a small strip on the leading edge (which I prefer, slowly getting rid of so much of it, just had the wing mirrors colour-coded too) - I was in the same boat as you, bought during the pre-release & there was little information on what accessories there were (but my dealer used the outback listing as a guide) & adding what I wanted at purchase pushed the value over the luxury car tax threshold (eek)

It was $7 to 800, can't really remember but you can go through the website & get that info - shows prices fitted & supply only, I bought a tonne of other bits at that first check everything is okay service and am lining up for another purchase at her first proper service in Jan (like the alarm), still got a long list of things I want and not making the mistake of leaving her stock for warranty and then all the bits are no longer available!
This is a great looking grill! I dunno if we can get it here though....