Hello from Japan!

Sandman

Gday all, thanks for letting me join the group!
I'm from the Gold Coast, Australia however live in Japan at present. I have a 2017 Levorg STI 2.0 I bought brand new here in fukuoka, JP. I will be exporting my car back home this year some time.

Are there any groups in Brisbane/Gold Coast area?

Nice rides guys!

What I have done to mine is in my signature, however I will upload a few pics here.

Cheers!

Attachments

nicodache

Hello there and welcome here :)

I'm not a big on these wheels, but you seem to be enjoying your car, and that's what matters ^-^

moojy

G'day @Sandman!
Do you know that the difference between the JDM STI and Aussie STI (current models both) are, other than hp?
Suspension and handling mainly, though quick summary of dashboard comparison would be helpful too. (centre display and front/rear/side cameras mainly).

Sandman

Hi Mate,

I'll be back in Fukuoka on the 1st March, I'll take some pics of the dash etc and write down what come with the JDM STI Levorg. Here in Japan they love to accessories everything from the factory even down to the nuts.. no 2 STI vorgs are the same. Bit I will get back to you and answer your questions. I know the STI accessories are a little different in Japan than in Aus.. I think I may still have the pamphlets, will check on that.

Will post it all here in a few.

Cheers!

Sandman

G'day @Sandman!
Do you know that the difference between the JDM STI and Aussie STI (current models both) are, other than hp?
Suspension and handling mainly, though quick summary of dashboard comparison would be helpful too. (centre display and front/rear/side cameras mainly).
@moojy

Below are a few pics I took of the Dash. I have sent you a PM about he differences.

Cheers

Attachments

moojy

Cheers Sandman that is really helpful.
Nice motor.
Looks like JDM km to AUS km should be simpler than JDM to UK.
We use miles and mpg. :-(
Think the conversion is straighforward enough with a numeric adapter, but the dash will always have the wrong symbol on it (to be ignored). Don't expect there is any setting for mpg in a JDM unit.

BTW - is this an older STI? Thought the new models had a widescreen Centre Console display rather than the split display there?

Sandman

Hi Moojy, Thanks for your message. Yes in Aus we have that advantage where there is essentially no conversions at all from JDM to AU.

My vorg is a 2017 model, I bought it new, made to order and picked it up in March 2017. Even the 2018/2019 models have very little change from the 2017 models. The only real difference was an enhancement to the Eyesight and some minor changes to the front grill. Interiors are all the same from what the dealer said. He also showed me his 2018 vorg STI... no change at all. Perhaps the US or EU models have the wide screen this I am not sure of, here in Japan they are all custom one offs from the dealer, there are catalogues coming out the wazoo for personalisation. For the interior you have a selection of head units/screens. I think in Aus, although not entirely sure, (perhaps some of the Aussie owners could update this) they come with whatever is there, no choice.

I hope that helps. Anything else, let me know!

BTW if your looking at genuine STI parts, Japan is the place to buy it. It is incredibly cheap. Well compared to Aus it is, some things are like a 3rd the price! Food for thought. ;)

Sandman

Thanks for the links and pics, yes mine doesn't have the big screen there, I am not sure what the non STI models have here in Japan but I assume they are the same. Ill put that down the the quirky differences from JDM and AU models. Mine has a rear camera and the left side mirror has a camera to for parking.. Well caught! ;) Perhaps they are options here but I didn't see it or maybe didn't see the need... But on the other hand, the AU STI vorg comes with 260ps from memory, here in Japan its 300ps.

Here everything is an option, things you would think are a standard fitting, here if you don't choose it, then you wont get it! But that also changes the price of the car, so if you really wanted to get a bare bones Levorg on the cheap, you probably could here.

I can't confirm whether the Japanese models have the option for the bigger screen. My car is considered 'fully loaded' so I would think they don't.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
@Sandman do you know if there's a way to change the display from KPH to MPH on a jdm sti?

I'm in the UK and can't see a unit tab within the dash menus