Hello From Sydney Levorg STI Sport

TheGrandTourer

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg STi Sport
Hello Levorg owners

I am a recent new owner (3 weeks now) of a Levorg STI Sport, I am also a new member of this forum.

Glad to find this place where everyone shares the same hobby!

I have done a couple of road trips with it over the Christmas break, and most recently a long drive from Sydney to Melbourne and down to Great Ocean Road. The long drives gave me some opportunities to understand the car a bit more.

I love the idea of a "WRX wagon", personally think the wagon form looks way cooler! I do enjoy the 4wd grip (I came from FWD before) and decent power the FA20 provides (although CVT is really slow in normal drive mode). But I feel the same as many owners here had reported, that the Bilstein suspension is unacceptable. Driving on b-roads at 100km/h (the speed limit) is borderline dangerous, it makes a big "thump" and shake the whole car when I hit unlevel road, uneven patches or portholes. At one point, my partner who was in the passenger seat thought the car was broken when the front-left hit a porthole and made a huge "thump" noise...

So far I have only had the window tints done to tackle the Australian summer heat.

Down the line, I will probably prioritize changing the coilovers (still considering between the 2 popular ones Silver's Neomax S and MCA Pro Comfort) to make it a more enjoyable, or shall we say acceptable ride.

In the future, I may also consider a cat back exhaust and audio system upgrade to enhance the sound department.

I have encountered a few Levorg owners on the road and some of you gave me a friendly wave, thank you very much!

Stay safe guys and enjoy driving!

PXL_20220112_000401060~2.jpg

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Welcome, glad to hear your thoughts. Here here to the Bilstein comments, you'll love the car even more once they're gone, night n day difference

Last edited:

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Welcome, just a point of interest, I to changed to the MCA coilovers - best thing I did! 2nd best was to put the auto window closer in.

TheGrandTourer

Vehicle(s)
Welcome, glad to hear your thoughts. Here here to the Bilstein comments, you'll love the car even more once they're gone, night n day difference
Hope so! Still in the dilemma between Silver's and MCA... More towards Silver's due to cost, but if MCA is significantly better and can justify the extra cost, I'd consider that as well

TheGrandTourer

Vehicle(s)
Welcome, just a point of interest, I to changed to the MCA coilovers - best thing I did! 2nd best was to put the auto window closer in.
Lol I can't believe how many things need to be modified and to make the car a lot better to live with than stock...... I'm still new to the car modifying world, but I guess that's the fun part to "personalize" our cars!
Have you tried the Silver's before? I have done some research but can't find anything directly comparing the Silver's and MCA... Just curious, which MCA coilovers did you go for? Did you lower your ride and how's the ride quality?

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Lol I can't believe how many things need to be modified and to make the car a lot better to live with than stock...... I'm still new to the car modifying world, but I guess that's the fun part to "personalize" our cars!
Have you tried the Silver's before? I have done some research but can't find anything directly comparing the Silver's and MCA... Just curious, which MCA coilovers did you go for? Did you lower your ride and how's the ride quality?
I kept it factory height, the insurance company like it that way! You are correct about the cost, but I didn't like the first set of MCA coilovers so I called the boss in QLD and we spoke at length and he said I had the old version and he had changed/updated them, so he sent a full replacement set and paid to have them installed!!!!!! Also if they fail after the 5 year warranty, $120 to have it rebuilt. Silvers I think has a 12 month warranty and good luck claiming that as I think they are in Singapore? But if you are not keeping the car for long I guess they could be OK. The low speed ride is a little bumpy as they are firm, but high speed is great, and best of all no BANG BANG BANG over every little bump o or hole! If anyone is in Melbourne and want to catch up for a drive with the MCA coilovers happy to help out.

ARC

Vehicle(s)
2015 Levorg 1.6 Turbo / 2013 Forester XT
Hello Levorg owners

I am a recent new owner (3 weeks now) of a Levorg STI Sport, I am also a new member of this forum.

Glad to find this place where everyone shares the same hobby!

I have done a couple of road trips with it over the Christmas break, and most recently a long drive from Sydney to Melbourne and down to Great Ocean Road. The long drives gave me some opportunities to understand the car a bit more.

I love the idea of a "WRX wagon", personally think the wagon form looks way cooler! I do enjoy the 4wd grip (I came from FWD before) and decent power the FA20 provides (although CVT is really slow in normal drive mode). But I feel the same as many owners here had reported, that the Bilstein suspension is unacceptable. Driving on b-roads at 100km/h (the speed limit) is borderline dangerous, it makes a big "thump" and shake the whole car when I hit unlevel road, uneven patches or portholes. At one point, my partner who was in the passenger seat thought the car was broken when the front-left hit a porthole and made a huge "thump" noise...

So far I have only had the window tints done to tackle the Australian summer heat.

Down the line, I will probably prioritize changing the coilovers (still considering between the 2 popular ones Silver's Neomax S and MCA Pro Comfort) to make it a more enjoyable, or shall we say acceptable ride.

In the future, I may also consider a cat back exhaust and audio system upgrade to enhance the sound department.

I have encountered a few Levorg owners on the road and some of you gave me a friendly wave, thank you very much!

Stay safe guys and enjoy driving!

View attachment 1205
Hi..

does the STI has B8 shocks?
I have a oem 2015 model 1.6turbo and planning to buy a B12 Bilstein kit with B8 shocks and eibach springs. 20mm height difference is acceptable…

I am not sure with the daily comfort =/