Hi from Australia

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Figured I should follow forum rules and introduce myself. I'm a recent owner of a 2017 GTS 2.0 Levorg. Used to own a '89 Nissan 300zx and enjoyed being involved in group buys and learning from those forums back in the day, so I've joined this one for the same reasons. It's my first Subaru and very happy with the purchase. Only modification so far is a set of Silver's Neomax S coilovers installed very recently to replace the factory suspension at same ride height (see thread on 'suspension options'). That's me in a nutshell and hope to continue learning from fellow owners. Cheers.

20201217_051305.jpg

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Welcome Doogz :)

I think you may want to change your signature. "No mods ... yet". Are your Silver Neomax S coilovers a factory option ? :p
Ha, good call! You've ... err ... passed the test *cough*

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G’day Doogz
Welcome, how you liking the new coil overs? What made your change the suspension? We can all guess lol but in your own words.....
Congrats on choosing Subie, you won’t be disappointed. This is my third and I’ve been ruined for any other make, love subies.

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
G’day Doogz
Welcome, how you liking the new coil overs? What made your change the suspension? We can all guess lol but in your own words.....
Congrats on choosing Subie, you won’t be disappointed. This is my third and I’ve been ruined for any other make, love subies.
Thanks Guvna glad to be here :)

The reason I changed the factory suspension is because within a week of picking it up from the dealership I noticed the front suspension would bottom out way too easily, not just over minor potholes and speed bumps, but also when the road is uneven like a transition from old to new tarmac, for example, or a sequence of undulations that causes the car to bounce a bit before the front bottoms out with that distinctive "Thor-like" thump beneath the car. It's how I found this forum tbh, when a search for Levorg suspension issues lead me here.

After reading posts, opinions and doing research, I decided to buy locally. Very happy with the coilovers, and have been experimenting with the dampener setting to get the softest ride possible without the steering wheel feeling vague/floaty.

And yep, Auntie has been a Subaru fan for years, and I can see why. For me the Levorg hits that sweet spot of having the creature comforts and safety features to suit my family and enough grunt to make it very capable through windy roads like Kangaroo Valley or Brown Mountain.