Invidia Q300 install on this?

iggorsky

Hi guys,
After a careful research I decided to install Invidia Q300 on my '14 GTS but... I have this skirt on my rear bumper
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 11.55.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 11.56.11 AM.png

Does anyone here have it too and maybe had experience installing an aftermarket exhaust without removing the skirt?
It looks like it have enough space to fit a 110mm tail pipe but I wonder if pipes are longer and won't fit as a result.
Also the holes on the skirt are 60mm so will cover about 45% of the 110mm pie . Do you think it may affect the exhaust sound?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I don’t have that skirt, but I do have the Invidia Q300. Not sure if the pipes will fit but if they do, because they are larger than the stock ones all the exhaust gasses probably won’t clear the bumper properly anyway. The tips themselves I have noticed don’t get very hot, so I don’t think radiant heat will be a problem, not sure about the heat exiting the tips blowing onto the skirt but?
Here’s a couple of pics of the position the tips sit at, it may help you be able to tell if they’ll fit behind the skirt or not. I’m guessin ditch the skirt and add the exhaust C2F52711-9353-4D05-B85A-F8846567E13A.jpegEBC2DBBB-61F3-43E7-9105-B9E3C7AEB8C5.jpeg

iggorsky

Hi Guvna,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Photos are helpful indeed!
I don't worry about the heat as the inside the skirt around the pipe part is made of metal. I can try to install it with the skirt on and remove it if something won't be right.

Could I ask you for a favour? Could you measure the pipes please? Are they really 110mm? They seem bigger )

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Yes, just measured for you, I can confirm 110mm.
If the inside of the skirt is metal and the exhaust is constantly blowing on it it will get hot, since that metal part is moulded into the plastic part of the skirt you could still have heat issues, and possibly exhaust fumes entering the car as they wont all be pushed past the bumper, just my thoughts for what they're worth. Good luck with it, BTW you wont regret the Invidia, its a good unit, not too loud, zero drone and a nice note ;)
PS. Not positive, but it looks like you may need to remove the skirt first to be able to install the mufflers too.

iggorsky

Cheers mate! :)
Also appreciate your thoughts on how it might work around the skirt. I'm more and more inclined into removing it.

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GTSV1 STI
Yes, just measured for you, I can confirm 110mm.
If the inside of the skirt is metal and the exhaust is constantly blowing on it it will get hot, since that metal part is moulded into the plastic part of the skirt you could still have heat issues, and possibly exhaust fumes entering the car as they wont all be pushed past the bumper, just my thoughts for what they're worth. Good luck with it, BTW you wont regret the Invidia, its a good unit, not too loud, zero drone and a nice note ;)
PS. Not positive, but it looks like you may need to remove the skirt first to be able to install the mufflers too.
Hey mate, dont mean to hijack the thread, but can I ask about the Q300? Decent note? Did you also get a tune and what if any improvement?

Stock exhaust is basically silent lol. Man I miss that boxer rumble......

Cheers!

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
Hi guys,
After a careful research I decided to install Invidia Q300 on my '14 GTS but... I have this skirt on my rear bumper
View attachment 1323
View attachment 1324

Does anyone here have it too and maybe had experience installing an aftermarket exhaust without removing the skirt?
It looks like it have enough space to fit a 110mm tail pipe but I wonder if pipes are longer and won't fit as a result.
Also the holes on the skirt are 60mm so will cover about 45% of the 110mm pie . Do you think it may affect the exhaust sound?
How are you with DIY? You could get a door handle blade > 110mm and cut out the clearance.... Bumper is basically plastic so if you did a tidy job it would come up sweet. Youd definitely lose the chrome facings but meh, maybe a black or carbon wrap to go with the Q300 tips?
Cheers!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Hey mate, dont mean to hijack the thread, but can I ask about the Q300? Decent note? Did you also get a tune and what if any improvement?

Stock exhaust is basically silent lol. Man I miss that boxer rumble......

Cheers!
No problem. Yeah I like the note, not too loud and zero drone. I installed on the floor in the my garage, just chassis stands probably a year or so ago. You don’t NEED a tune with just the cat back, without the tune I don’t think you get any more performance, just better sound ;) Didn’t drop off quite as much as stock did up the top end. I did get her dyno'd about 4 months ago, no other performance mods except the Q300, she’s now getting around 292HP and 400-420Nm. Can definitely feel the difference in acceleration, and the 3 flat spots in the stock tune where it just drops off are gone. Stock tune it was doing 6.9sec 0-100kmph, now it’s doing 6.2. Here's the Dyno graph:-
Subie DynoTune Graph - Edit.png

Last edited:

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
No problem. Yeah I like the note, not too loud and zero drone. I installed on the floor in the my garage, just chassis stands probably a year or so ago. You don’t NEED a tune with just the cat back, without the tune I don’t think you get any more performance, just better sound ;) Didn’t drop off quite as much as stock did up the top end. I did get her dyno'd about 4 months ago, no other performance mods except the Q300, she’s now getting around 292HP and 400-420Nm. Can definitely feel the difference in acceleration, and the 3 flat spots in the stock tune where it just drops off are gone. Stock tune it was doing 6.9sec 0-100kmph, now it’s doing 6.2. Here's the Dyno graph:-
View attachment 1342
Thanks so much for that mate, great info and duly noted. Def keen to get on this with a slight tune as well. Its funny you mentioned those flat spots, first thing I noticed on the Levorg along with the clunk and awful suspension.
Cheers Guv