Levorg CVT replacement

Stu Pagdin

Hey guys

I had a ECU tune placed in the Levorg, and it has destroyed my CVT (bummed to the max). I was unaware of the issue until I took the car to Subaru to repair the 'gear slipping' that I had been experiencing while accelerating. After weeks of Subaru trying to diagnose the issue, they came to a halt as they realised I had a tune on the vehicle, and after getting the ECU flashed back to stock, they managed to diagnose the issue as too much torque going through the drivetrain, there fore destroying the CVT. Now, they are wanting 12-15k to replace the CVT as it's not covered under the factory warranty, and I am livid. I realise that I took the chance by putting the tune on, and now im trying to find a cheaper way to rectify this situation. Does anyone know if a second hand CVT has to come from the same model Levorg, or can I replace one from another Subaru model? And if anyone here has a lead to where I could potentially find a second hand one in good condition, or a reptutable place to start looking.
I'm based in Melbourne, but happy to look at other states to ship one in.

Please help, I want my baby back!

nicodache

Not from down under, so no clue on breakers/salvage yards and so.
But have you tried asking them to ask around within Subaru dealer network, for anyone with a totaled Levorg with a working box ?

That would make the ordeal cheaper. Especially if that totaled Levorg isn't far from you and you are allowed to go remove it from the car yourself (which will save a couple of hours from mechanical labor)

HTH,