Levorg model/year differences

iggorsky

Hi guys,
Are you aware of any differences between different year models? I reckon "hardware" (engine, trnasmission) wise it should be the same. What about anything else like central panel display functionality? I noticed models from 2015 have different buttons on a steering wheel (left side). I reckon those are to navigate through the central panel display. Then I noticed some models, mostly 2016 - come with side view camera.
Anything else?

Cheers!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
side and front camera, piano black around the dash and doors,centre console, not the silver. 40/20/40 split rear seat. LED headlights and driving lights, but to name few.....

iggorsky

I was test driving two GTs of 2014 and 2016 on the weekend and here are my findings. Apart from visual differences:
2016 has got "Advanced Package" (sideview camera, auto high beam, blind spot warning sensors)
They were both on KYB shocks. "Jumping" over speed bumps on speeds lower than 40km/h revealed no problems with the suspension bottoming out. So, now I'm curious to try Bilsteins on GT-S.
I also noticed 2014 had less driving seat travel. I'm not sure if it was something wrong with the the seat itself, but definitely felt more comfort in 2016 in this regard.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I was test driving two GTs of 2014 and 2016 on the weekend and here are my findings. Apart from visual differences:
2016 has got "Advanced Package" (sideview camera, auto high beam, blind spot warning sensors)
They were both on KYB shocks. "Jumping" over speed bumps on speeds lower than 40km/h revealed no problems with the suspension bottoming out. So, now I'm curious to try Bilsteins on GT-S.
I also noticed 2014 had less driving seat travel. I'm not sure if it was something wrong with the the seat itself, but definitely felt more comfort in 2016 in this regard.
NEVER wish to try the Bilstein on the GTS! LOL, worst ever. When I bought my GTS I test drove the GT, thought the suspension felt reasonable, and assumed (wrongly it turned out) that the GTS would be even better because it has the Bilstein setup so I bought the GTS. I assumed the Bilstein would be way better simply because of the Brand name, they are a good Brand, it's just the setup Subaru chose for the Levorg is all wrong, I don't think it's Bilsteins' ball-drop. But whoevers fault it is, us owners pretty much need to replace it with something more suited to the vehicle, I lived with it for 3 years and am very surprised I lasted that long.

iggorsky

NEVER wish to try the Bilstein on the GTS! LOL, worst ever. When I bought my GTS I test drove the GT, thought the suspension felt reasonable, and assumed (wrongly it turned out) that the GTS would be even better because it has the Bilstein setup so I bought the GTS. I assumed the Bilstein would be way better simply because of the Brand name, they are a good Brand, it's just the setup Subaru chose for the Levorg is all wrong, I don't think it's Bilsteins' ball-drop. But whoevers fault it is, us owners pretty much need to replace it with something more suited to the vehicle, I lived with it for 3 years and am very surprised I lasted that long.
Thanks for your input.
I bet you have coilovers now )) I remember reading your comments in many threads here, but didn't remember what you end up with. I'm thinking TEIN in case I have to replace. It looks like it is the only reasonable option here in NZ. The price for set is something around 2000 + installation, certification, EYESIGHT recalibration. I believe it will add another 1,5k to TEIN's price.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input.
I bet you have coilovers now )) I remember reading your comments in many threads here, but didn't remember what you end up with. I'm thinking TEIN in case I have to replace. It looks like it is the only reasonable option here in NZ. The price for set is something around 2000 + installation, certification, EYESIGHT recalibration. I believe it will add another 1,5k to TEIN's price.
I must ask...Eyesight recalibration? who on earth told you that was needed? To my knowledge the only time eyesight needs to be recalibrated is when replacing the windscreen, as all glass is different to look through from the eyesight perspective. (due to glass manufacturing differences). Personally I have noticed no effect on my eyesight from lowering mine about 15mm all round with MCA Coilovers. I've not heard anyone else mention recallibration of eyesight after suspension mods either. Maybe they have and are keeping it to themselves? Personally I don't think it's required, mine works fine ;)

iggorsky

I must ask...Eyesight recalibration? who on earth told you that was needed? To my knowledge the only time eyesight needs to be recalibrated is when replacing the windscreen, as all glass is different to look through from the eyesight perspective. (due to glass manufacturing differences). Personally I have noticed no effect on my eyesight from lowering mine about 15mm all round with MCA Coilovers. I've not heard anyone else mention recallibration of eyesight after suspension mods either. Maybe they have and are keeping it to themselves? Personally I don't think it's required, mine works fine ;)
Yeah, you are right, it shouldn't be. Just talked to the dealer and they said it wasn't required. But I raised a question about the Levorg problem and... they are very aware of this. What they do now is they replace shocks with the new ones with the different part number which is differently tuned and don't bottom out. But man, the price was 2600 labour inc and it is just front ones ))

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Yeah, you are right, it shouldn't be. Just talked to the dealer and they said it wasn't required. But I raised a question about the Levorg problem and... they are very aware of this. What they do now is they replace shocks with the new ones with the different part number which is differently tuned and don't bottom out. But man, the price was 2600 labour inc and it is just front ones ))
Someone just tryin to get extra cash saying they have to recalibrate eyesight, very poor form. $2600 for fronts only? Good that they have changed the parts they are fitting now, but that price? Only under warranty I’d say, full set of coilovers or normal strut setup for less than that is definitely the go for my mind. Glad you checked that recalibration story ;)

Valeriafut

Vehicle(s)
05 silver elise
Здравствуйте, ребята
Сорри, что не в тему. Возможно кто то сталкивался с таким
приблудой. Недавно купил машину Но она б/у. Но надо заменить эту херню Бывший владелец дал эту ссылку. Стоит доверять Китаю? Или тут взять задорого?

iggorsky

Здравствуйте, ребята
Сорри, что не в тему. Возможно кто то сталкивался с таким
приблудой. Недавно купил машину Но она б/у. Но надо заменить эту херню Бывший владелец дал эту ссылку. Стоит доверять Китаю? Или тут взять задорого?
What do you need to replace? Could you be more specific?