Levorg Review Thread

Discussion in 'Subaru Levorg News & Announcements' started by genrex, Apr 2014.

1. genrex

genrex Member

Likes Earned:
    Review of the 1.6 prototype. Kinda meh reveiw, but a review none the less.

Subaru Levorg 1.6GT Prototype Review: “Regular Gasoline Turbo is Admirable,” by Youichi Morohoshi

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2014/01/30/216159.html

And another...

Subaru Prototype Levorg review: "Subarists have a whole new option" by Hiroshi Matsushita

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=217370/category=impression

Last edited: Apr 2014
  2. nicodache

nicodache Member

Likes Earned:
  3. Trippo

Trippo New Member

Likes Earned:
    Yeah saw this article today as well. Guessing the CVT is same as in new Rex, which has had some ok reviews and not as harsh as his comments. Also really surprised he says the 2.0 is tamer than the Rex because I thought it had more power, kind of in between wrx and STI levels. Some more feedback on drive vs wrx would be good as well, anyway hasn't dampened my enthusiasm.

4. A_Tang

A_Tang New Member

Likes Earned:
    I'll wait to pass judgement on the CVT for after I've driven it. With regards to packaging in the U.S. market, I can't see why it can't have the same suspension and drivetrain as the '15 WRX.

5. Trippo

Trippo New Member

Likes Earned:
    Here's another test drive review in english, this one on the 1.6GT. Pretty brief description but offers some ok info.

Can't say I am a fan of the 17 inch's that this one rides on, they look cheap and nasty. Reckon if I went this model I'd be swapping those mags out pretty quickly.

Haven't seen images of a light interior before either, looks ok although the black with blue stitching would be my preference.

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2014/07/24/228430.html

XJxaxYX likes this.
  6. A_Tang

A_Tang New Member

Likes Earned:
    I think certain 17" wheels could be fine - I think the design plays a key part - if the spokes come all the way to the edge of the rim, the wheels look "large enough".

7. LordRichards

LordRichards New Member

Likes Earned:
    17's probably ride much better than 18s or 19s. Domestic Levorgs are apparently targeted at a "luxury" rather than a sporting niche.
    Hopefully the export models will be equipped more for performance.
    Especially manuals rather than CVT.

8. okeefe

okeefe New Member

Likes Earned:
    Test drove the Levorg 1.6 with 18 inch rims in Turkey. Excellent car if you drive on highways with perfect asphalt. Otherwise horrible road noise ( worst than my 04 forester and 06 impreza) after 30km of test drive ended up with a headache

9. Sancho

Sancho New Member

Likes Earned:
    Did two test drives with a Levorg over the last couple of months.
    Compared to my XV it's more quiet, smoother, the interior trim feels a lot more upscale...
    The 1.6 engine is decent for daily driving, but it's obviously not going to tear up the asphalt.
    For me, it fixes the couple of things I like less about the XV.
    I hope to sign the order slip next week.