New to Levorg life - advice plz - 1.6 vs 2.0 etc etc etc

mattcancar

Vehicle(s)
Many subarus
Hi team

Matt here, I am new around these ways and looking at getting into a Levorg possible.

OriginallyI am from New Zealand where we are spoiled for choice with cars. Unfortunately (car wise) I am now based in Sydney and searching here. I have had many Subarus in my life, 20+ in fact, many legacys of different generations (89 to 2017 models) and many WRXs from several Type R coupes to V7 Stis and various race cars etc.

Anywho, the Levorg has popped up as an option to me on my searches and I will be looking at some this weekend. Essentially I am looking at getting a nice practical car that is still a bit of fun and has the room in the wagon, a car that isnt too much a headache to park on the road to worry about someone stealing it and wont cry too much if it gets hurt. I think the Levorg fits well here. Some more Levorg specific questions below here.

1: The 1.6 vs the 2.0 L- What is to know here? Obviously a bit more grunt and some extra fuel usage on the 2 Litre but how "bad" is the 1.6 in comparison? -I haven't driven either yet and the models are limited here in Aus. I'm not looking at a race car, nor wanting to modify it really.

2: Another option I was looking at is the Liberty (see: Legacy) 3.6R here as a comparison car. A bit apples and oranges but has anyone had experience with both ?

3: One particular 2017 im looking at has clear headlights while I notice many have the smoked/black housing headlights, whats the deal there? The clear headlight one is a 1.6 Premium model, I have seen same year/model cars with the better looking black headlight housing.

4: How bad is that CVT that people moan about? My last car was a 2.5 iS package Legacy with the cvt, ive never been a fan of the CVT's in general but seems to be not much option here.

I think that'll about cover my questions for now. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks team

Matt

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Drive both, I love my 2.0 and have no problems with the CVT, enjoy I, S & S+ , although I do not use the paddles as much as I thought I would, frankly I love the 2.0 STI and the way it make me enjoy every driving experience . Go and drive a few and make up your own mind, you will not be disappointed whatever decision you make.