Protection

Arctic Fennec

I'm doing a 3000k road trip in the outback in a couple of months and looking for a little bit of extra protection from stone chips to the front bumper and around the wheel surrounds.

Im thinking of getting a temporary car bra or something even less aesthetic (like throwaway thick vinyl cladding to protect the leading areas )and some Rally Armor mudflaps. I cannot find any car bras designed for the Levorg. Any one got any suggestions? I am not looking to have this on permanently.

Also do you know which model Rally Armor mud flaps is suited to the Levorg? Id rather bolt something out of the box rather than cut it up to fit. My cutting skills are less than excellent. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Arctic Fennec

Thanks Dee.
I actually did check with Carbra.com in Melbourne and they said the WRX won't fit. I'm assuming the extra width around the fender panels makes it too tight and also the cutout for the indicator/DRL / fog lamps are inverse.

Has anyone put Rally Armor mudflaps on Thier Levorg in Oz? If so, which type ones did you use? Eg. WRX or the universal flaps?

Dee

Ah ok, wasn't sure on fitment, but from first glance they look similar.

There is a place in Melbourne that I stumbled across, that actually does "invisible" type "carbra's". It's more like a polyurethane film permanently attached to the exposed surfaces which are most liable to damage from road hazards. As clear as glass with a gloss similar to your original factory finish.

Arctic Fennec

Damn.. Not exactly cheap!
Thanks for the heads up Parian.

I already have a Protektiv nano coating all over the body work from Motor one and dont want to add a semi-permanent layer on top. Not quite sure how the two will react together, I want something that can be easily chucked on and removed for longer remote road trips. An ugly car bra is what I think would be ideal unfortunately.