replacement of interior bulbs

Discussion in 'Subaru Levorg Modifcations' started by Oz B-Spec, Apr 2018.

1. Oz B-Spec

Oz B-Spec Member

Likes Earned:
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone shed any light on how to remove the boot light and the interior lights (maps lights etc) as i want to upgrade them all with LEDs.

Cheers

2. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Likes Earned:
    The lens pop off. I used a trim removal tool to get between and remove.

Start with the boot is the easiest and will show you how Subaru designed the lens .

I haven't found a globe for the boot yet .Cause it needs to be the perfect height else the switch won't operate .

For the interior I ordered them from bling automotive lighting. They might seem expensive but perfect fit and great light.

3. Oz B-Spec

Oz B-Spec Member

Likes Earned:
    Thanks Mate, i'll have another crack at them tonight and check our Bling's site.

4. Arctic Fennec

Arctic Fennec New Member

Likes Earned:
    I replaced the interior lights with ebay cheapies when I first got the car but the light especially in the back was underwhelming.
    Picked up the Phillips LEDs from Bling worx but did not make any difference in output at all. Had a closer look and the inside of the rear dome light covers are coated in plastic with just a small cutout to let light escape. Silly design.
    Googled online for ideas without luck. Thinking I can separate the plastic insert from the clear exterior and then Dremel out a larger cutout. The back is still very dark and I want more light.

Anyone experience the same and managed to fix this?

Attached Files:

5. Oz B-Spec

Oz B-Spec Member

Likes Earned:
    G'day mate, yeah i noticed the same. i think your idea of cutting out the plastic insert is the only way around it.