Right headlight does not work

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Hello!!
I drive the 1.6dit executive plus (highest equipmemt) with full led.
Last week when i was driving, this warning light appeared on the dash:
3187040F-5505-48CF-BCDD-482A63D0A01B.jpeg
and the right headlight (low and high beam) donot work...

I checked the loom and fuses and work properly. Also i checked the headlight connector (engine bay side) and four pin have 12-14v however i do not own wiring schemes for check the connector.

Does anybody else have a blown headlight?
Thanks in advance!

D912BA58-5D8C-4266-8098-57773213E515.jpeg

nicodache

Yep, I've had that same issue for a year now, and the main beam died a few days ago.

You need to go wheel side, you'll have access to the bulb behind the mud guard.
You cannot access to that bulb from the engine bay.

Check page 11-45 of your owner's manual for details (at least it's on that page on mine :))

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Yep, I've had that same issue for a year now, and the main beam died a few days ago.

You need to go wheel side, you'll have access to the bulb behind the mud guard.
You cannot access to that bulb from the engine bay.

Check page 11-45 of your owner's manual for details (at least it's on that page on mine :))
Hey man, thanks by your post.
The blown lights are in the main headlight, and i can reach the connector, in fact, you can see it here:
6AEAB5D2-8598-45B1-8FF0-E7DE7124F82D.jpeg
And here the back of the headlight:
8686AEA8-AC4D-44F9-827B-33F88A31E79F.jpeg
it is full led, so bulbs can not be replaced...
Any advise?? Can it be repaired??

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Been thru this my friend, replacement oem headlight cost me $2100 and took 45 minutes to fit. You have to remove the front bumper but a helpful member on this very forum gave some great advice... attach string to the headlight washers before you remove the washer covers and bumper that way when you put the bumper back on you can gently pull the washers out and put the covers back on!!

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Been thru this my friend, replacement oem headlight cost me $2100 and took 45 minutes to fit. You have to remove the front bumper but a helpful member on this very forum gave some great advice... attach string to the headlight washers before you remove the washer covers and bumper that way when you put the bumper back on you can gently pull the washers out and put the covers back on!!
Did hi/low beam suddenly stop working?
Mine yes, but yesterday they worked during 1 minute or so and then do not work at the time.
Does it require encode the new headlight?
Did you open the old headlight to check the fail?
Thanks!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Did hi/low beam suddenly stop working?
Mine yes, but yesterday they worked during 1 minute or so and then do not work at the time.
Does it require encode the new headlight?
Did you open the old headlight to check the fail?
Thanks!
I used to turn it on off on off on off maybe 10 times quickly and it would work, then after maybe after a month it stopped working totally. Then i replaced it, just plug and play no programming needed.

nicodache

Got a replacement right head light (from Poland). Tried plugging it in the loom with it just propped inside the engine compartment.
Main beam remained dead.

Plugging it on the left head light loom, it worked just fine.

So I seem not to have a bad head light assembly, but some loom (or possibly relay or fuse) issue.
Considering the water inside the light assy (another reason for me to replace it), I wouldn't be surprised that caused a blown fuse or similar issue.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Got a replacement right head light (from Poland). Tried plugging it in the loom with it just propped inside the engine compartment.
Main beam remained dead.

Plugging it on the left head light loom, it worked just fine.

So I seem not to have a bad head light assembly, but some loom (or possibly relay or fuse) issue.
Considering the water inside the light assy (another reason for me to replace it), I wouldn't be surprised that caused a blown fuse or similar issue.
I checked the fuses and relays in the box and every work fine...
I did not know that i could plug the right headligh

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Check the pins on the plug, are they burnt? Maybe the wire has pulled out Amd not making contact? Use a multimeter to test for power?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I saw a post on Facebook where a guy was reluctant buying a new headlight for the sake of an LED, so stripped the light down. Replaced the bulb and fixed it.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
I saw a post on Facebook where a guy was reluctant buying a new headlight for the sake of an LED, so stripped the light down. Replaced the bulb and fixed it.
Link to that post?? Thanks!!
Here a video stripping a damaged one: