Smoke on acceleration.

saffaclint79

Vehicle(s)
2015 JDM Levorg GTS
My car has done 120000ks and drives really well. Right from day 1 when I boost it the first couple times there's a fairly decent puff of smoke out the back. The car isn't using oil and it stops doing it after a bit of hot driving.
I looked the problem up a while ago and the concensus was it had to do with loose hose clamps on the turbo piping. I replaced them all with NORMA clamps and sis an upper engine clean and it seemed ok for a while but has started happening again. Anyone else notice this or have this issue and is there a reason or fix?
Cheers.

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
I'm not mechanic, but the issue seems to be related to used turbo. I had similar issues with my previous cars, also 120k km seems to be close enough to it's end. Tightening hose clamps probably just delayed symptoms.

All of this of course if smoke color is "blue-grey" ;)

Last edited:

saffaclint79

Vehicle(s)
2015 JDM Levorg GTS
I'm not mechanic, but the issue seems to be related to used turbo. I had similar issues with my previous cars, also 120k km seems to be close enough to it's end.

Of course if smoke color is "blue-grey"
It's dark smoke, not white (which is what I associate with a stuffed turbo). It's almost like the car clearing its lungs.

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
I'd start with checking Lambda probe, as this is the simplest thing you can do, and yet you didnt notice performance issues. Then if it is ok it might be leakage somewhere in inlet pipe, but you should notice performance weakening. Mechanics hate this as it's hard to spot.

Last edited: