So Excited!!! My Levorg is In!!!

H_Green

Just got the call from the dealership, my car arrived in Newcastle today!!!
Get to see her tomorrow, cannot wait, I haven't seen the Spec B in the flesh yet

YAY

H_Green

Well, I stopped at the dealer (as they are only 500m from work) after work - they were closed of course (it was late, couldn't get out earlier) and they had at least 5 there - mostly GTs and GT-S, couldn't see mine so hoping it's inside rather than getting wet. Going to drop in tomorrow as I spec'd a tow bar before it came out that the spec b can't get one...we will see about that. Already ordered the STI lip lowering brackets from Japan so hope they do the job (or I'll use them to make ones that do)
Cannot wait! Yours can't be far away - mine got shipped up & was in Sydney for more than a week...

Dee

Hahaha I ride past my dealer everyday too, but haven't seen any yet in the showroom.

Ah, I didn't know about the lowering brackets, coz I wanted a towbar on it too. Let us know if they do the trick.

H_Green

Hahaha I ride past my dealer everyday too, but haven't seen any yet in the showroom.

Ah, I didn't know about the lowering brackets, coz I wanted a towbar on it too. Let us know if they do the trick.
Will do, I should have them next week

Dee

OOoOOoooo another steel blue owner. That would drive me insane standing next to my car, but still can't drive out with it, hahahaha! Is there any tint on the car at all? Looks good thou!

The flu is doing the rounds by the sounds of it. I am currently suffering from it now.

H_Green

Yeah, it does suck somewhat but nice to see it tucked away out the back (I found my impreza out on the forecourt 11 years ago, open and with people sat in it, so much happier it being out of sight). It didn't go well for the salesman at the time.
The back windows are tinted & quite dark looking (at least when we looked today), just getting the front windows to look the same(ish) while being legal

IANDLP

I got mine to fit. Dealer and Subaru techs said it wouldn't fit-pffffftt.

Just waiting on some clear protective decal from 3M to arrive to install onto it where the safety chain goes
image.jpeg

H_Green

Great. I shall be showing our dealer this picture if they think its too hard. Have the lowering brackets anyway so I know I won't have a problem. Only 2 sleeps to go! Can't wait

IANDLP

I'm not too sure what these lowering brackets are but the actual mounting brackets don't fit with the towbar and require modifications also. If there's enough interest I may get the brackets laser cut and bent to suit including protective tape and offer it as a diy kit

H_Green

The lowering brackets sourced from Japanparts.com, they have tonnes of gear for the Levorg.
I purchased as option if the stock brackets were an issue, lowers the lip by 25mm

H_Green

Here she is...forgot to actually put this up.
Ordered some accessories for the first service (seeing as Subaru have a 10% discount for August if you have them fitted with a service)
Rear lip is in the boot, I will fit this myself on the weekend
New car! by Helen Green, on Flickr

Zan

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GT-S Spec B
The lowering brackets sourced from Japanparts.com, they have tonnes of gear for the Levorg.
I purchased as option if the stock brackets were an issue, lowers the lip by 25mm
Hi,

I was wondering what exactly are these brackets? Do you have a link or pics?

I recently purchased a 2016 Subaru Levorg GT-S Spec B in ice silver, I'm located in Adelaide.
I want to install a tow bar and would like to retain the rear STI lower lip. The Subaru dealers have told me that the lip needs to be removed.
Can't seem to be able to find anything on Japan Parts about these lowering brackets.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Zan

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GT-S Spec B
I got mine to fit. Dealer and Subaru techs said it wouldn't fit-pffffftt.

Just waiting on some clear protective decal from 3M to arrive to install onto it where the safety chain goes
View attachment 46
Hi,

How did you get the lower lip to fit once fitting a tow bar?
Did you need lowering brackets or any mods?