To buy or not to buy ( Dilemma )

bmwnunkie

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
I am debating whether to buy a '69 plate Levorg with 40k ish miles on the clock for around £18k.

I am getting the feeling that the dealer is keen to get shut of it as he is giving me a good part x figure for my Volvo XC 60 ( on a 17 plate ) and dropping the price of the Levorg too.

I like this Levorg as it comes with a lot of gizmos as standard ( which I like ) but... having read a few reviews on various web sites... the consensus is, is that it is not a good choice of car... especially the engine being normally aspirated and hence being underpowered, particularly when coupled with the CTV box. Also the MPG is horrendous by modern standards.

I have to conceded that my heart is tempted by my mind is screaming' don't do it'...

Any opinions on here as to how good , bad or indifferent a choice this car would be?

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Well all of us he have a levorg here on this forum... funny that! We love our cars so I think you will find it hard to get someone here to say don't get one. Here in Australia we get the 2.0l turbo, which is awesome! But Japan get the same car with even more power and extra toys.... the UK get a 1.6 turbo or a 2.0l with no turbo? So I guess you will need to love the look of the car, and need the AWD for say the snow or mountain's? Or maybe like me you just love subaru? I have had 2 liberty's and now a levorg, my wife has had an impreza and 2 x XV's. Speak to the dealer and see if you can take it for the day and go for a long drive the see what you think? Best of luck in what ever you decide.

bmwnunkie

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Many thanks for your reply,

Yes... I assumed, being a Levorg site, that most of the answers would be' get one' but I was interested in if anyone , really, had any poor or bad experiences I suppose.

Plus, as you say, in the UK we just get the 2.0l non turbo which, I gather from various reviews, is just very poor.. I think if there were a turbo version here, it probably would be more expensive.

Still, watch this space

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
You'd be better off trying to find a 2017-2018 1.6 turbo, same gizmos (Eyesight system etc) but better performance and a much better drive. There's only a few about, so quite hard to find. I've had mine 3 years now and have no plans to change it. Here's a 1.6 with similar mileage to the one you're interested in, at a much better price:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I had my 2 litre jdm (best spec) version imported for 20k. 55,000 miles on the clock and although the cvt fears are in the back of my head, not sure why as it's known the sti cvt is uprated, I know that if it blows, I'll either do a manual conversion or see if a different box fits.

JGC60

Vehicle(s)
2020 Levorg 2.0 GT
Like you I was a bit put off by the reviews, but as a long-term Subaru owner looking for a new car, and with the Levorg (2020 2.0 non-turbo) being exactly what we were looking for I decided to take the risk. I'm very happy that I did - it's much better than the reviews. It's a perfect tourer and practical car - it's not the fastest on the road, but perfectly respectable and the stiffer suspension and low centre of gravity means that you can zip round bends and straighten out roundabouts without losing much speed. I find that anyone who thinks they can catch me on the straights finds themselves dropping behind on bends. MPG is not too bad if you drive sensibly - I get 42-44 easily on long journeys using I-mode (I tend to use Sports around town for nipping out at junctions etc and Intelligent on longer journeys).