Tpms

Vistalite

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Hello out there!
How do i turn off Tpms light in the dashboard?
It flashes a minute, then stays on.
Everytime i change tyres summer to winter, and vice versa, this happens and i have to visit my lokal Subaru dealer to turn the light off.
Thank you!

nicodache

You can ask your dealer if they can turn off the TPMS system entirely - that may be a possiblity. Else, they'll have to re-program the TPMS things to recognize the other set of wheels every time (yeah, one of the design flaws of the 'vorg is that the TPMS memory only has provision for 4 TPMS sensors.

I've had my dealer with aftermarket TPMS sensors on my winter wheels, which he programmed to clone the factory ones from summer wheels).

Vistalite

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
You can ask your dealer if they can turn off the TPMS system entirely - that may be a possiblity. Else, they'll have to re-program the TPMS things to recognize the other set of wheels every time (yeah, one of the design flaws of the 'vorg is that the TPMS memory only has provision for 4 TPMS sensors.

I've had my dealer with aftermarket TPMS sensors on my winter wheels, which he programmed to clone the factory ones from summer wheels).

Thank you very much for your reply!

Vistalite

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
I'll ask the Subaru dealer to do the same thing for me, Thank you!

nicodache

Note that
1. I'm uncertain the dealer can disable TPMS system (it is a legal requirement in Europe since 2016 or so, and Subaru may not have left the possibility to dealers to disable it anywhere in the world to make it easier on them throughout a car lifecycle)
2. changing to aftermarket TPMS sensors that they can clone requires to take the tire off, replace the entire valve thing, remount & re-balance the tire and clone the sensors. It's not a complicated job, but that's still easily 1h labor + parts