Transmission failure and replacement by Subaru

DynamicPup

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S 2016
Bit of a long post but, I recently picked up my 2016 gts 2.0 Levorg after Subaru replaced my transmission. I have owned the car for about 1 year so far and I had been having issues with shuddering, responsiveness and clunking when shifting to drive reverse and park. These issues where present for about over 3 months, I had my regular mechanic service my car but they didn't look into the transmission problems. So with no check engine light on or anything I kept driving it. One day on a long trip away from home, driving up and down a mountain range the car started throwing warning lights. ( check engine light and Automatic transmission oil temp light). I ended up taking it to Subaru in Essendon VIC. First thing they replaced was the valve body inside the transmission, and they resealed my cvt oil pump. Along with diagnostic costs and labour costs the initial quote was around $6000. After they road tested the new valve body the transmission was still shuddering and "surging" under power. They ended having to replaced the whole transmission, quoting me $13,500 to fix it. I reluctantly agreed. While the new transmission was on order from Sydney, the case file for my repairs was looked at by some higher up Subaru managers and they decided to cover the costs of the new transmission and not charge me for the valve body repair. So after a month of waiting to get my car back it only costs me $2400 for a brand new transmission in my levorg and now it drives so well, I had forgotten how quick it is.
20220324_181134.jpg20220324_181126.jpg

DynamicPup

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S 2016
Yea I was very very lucky, I think because there must've been damage on the CVT pulleys, it wasn't a maintenance issue, the transmission just failed by itself.