Welcome NASIOC!

Phoenix

Just wanted to start an official NASIOC ice breaker thread for those who are trickling in from the Levorg thread in N&R. Maybe introduce yourself and provide some insight as to who you are and why you are here, what you currently drive, have owned in the past, etc.

I'm 4S-TURBO on NASIOC, LegacyGT.com, I-Club, Subaruforester.org, and probably some others I don't remember or are relevant to me. I've been in the Subaru scene for 20 years, first one being a turbo GL wagon. Have modded nearly every single one I've owned from crazy to lazy, but I've learned a lot over the years. I've even sold Subaru parts at a dealership. Hoping to replace the wifey's SUS Outback with something like the Levorg. Also have an H6 VDC Outback baby hauler wagon with 83k on the clock. THAT is a keeper for a long long time...IT'S LEVORG SIZED!

I am SUBER excited to be here! I really like a lot of features of this site...especially the content! Should be fun!

So with that, welcome NASIOC friends. And hello to all!

-Phoenix-

chanomatik

4S-TURBO is cooler than "Phoenix", just FYI.

Hai! My name is Chano and I go by chanomatik on every forum from i-club.com, NASIOC, SubaruForester.org, LegacyGT.com, RS25.com and IWSTI.com.

First Subie was a Loyale sedan. That got totaled by a drunk driver and I moved on to a 1994 (?) Nissan Pathfinder for a little bit until I bought my buddy's 2001 2.5 RS Coupe. Was in love until I got nothing but problems. Moved on to a 2005 STI, underutilized it, so I went with more utility with a 2008 Forester Sports XT. I definitely underutilized that, so I got a 2011 WRX Limited sedan. Had issues with that car and was pretty much done with Subaru until the 2013 BRZ showed up. Took a chance at that and fell in love.

I'm here because I want to fall in love with a purer Subaru again, but they just haven't released anything compelling. They've actually gotten worse with each year as far as catering to anything fun that also has some semblance of utility. I'm wanting something more mature-looking, AWD, lower CoG, a lift-gate opening, and a spunky engine. No care if manual or CVT since I actually enjoy the CVT and I don't plan on racing anyone with a wagon. :rolleyes:

genrex

Awesome thread 4S! Hi guys I'm genrex and I'm on some other Subie forums but mainly use NASIOC. I just became a member of a Mazda forum, the people are nice, but its just not the same.

I've only owned three Subaru/s. My first Subaru was a 1987 Loyale Wagon. Faded red. It was a 5 speed with the push button 4WD. Though gutless, it was a blast and had a lot of good memories in that car. My second came years later, with a Toyota Tacoma in between. 2004 Legacy Wagon. Again, awesome car, but it was short lived and bought a 2006 WRX. I kept the WRX for eight long years until recently. It was an amazingly fun car and was mostly reliable. The secondary air injection and valve went out three times while owning it. The last one was literally the last straw. Very costly to fix. Supposedly they found rusty water on its way to the cylinder head. Almost got a 2014 Crosstrek, but settled on a 2014 Mazda 6. After hearing there was no WRX wagon or Levorg headed to the US I decided to buy another brand in spite. Its worked out so far, took it snowboarding and camping already.

My Subaru wagons have been good to me. I may be starting my midlife crisis super early, because I desperately want another fun AWD wagon. Too many memories to ignore. Thats why I'm here, to help spread Levorg awareness!

mtskibum16

Sweet site! I'm glad someone made one! I'm mtskibum16 on NASIOC, SubaruForester.org, IWSTI, etc.

I've had a range of Subarus over the last 12 or so years. 1996 Outback, 1992 SVX, 2005 WRX STi, 1991 Loyale, 1997 Outback, 1998 Legacy GT wagon, and I currently drive a 2005 FXT with all kinds of goodies. I have a sickness. Right about when I get a car damn near "perfect", I'm looking for the next ride.

My FXT is awesome. I have no clue why I want anything else, but I just do. It's a 2005 CGM (to match my old STi), 5-speed, VF-39 swapped, STi TMIC, full turbo-back, catless up-pipe, Perrin Inlet, WL F/R 22mm sways, Koni yellows in WRX housings with my old STi's springs, WL Com-C front tops, STi steering rack w/ WL bushings, rear lock bolts, 245/45/18s all around, TiC super shifter set, RAMMat/Ensolite throughout, etc, etc. Like I said, I like it but I have the urge to upgrade.

The 2011-2014 WRX/STi hatch has been in the back of my mind for a while now, but I just wasn't quite sold. How I miss the awesome WRX wagons of 2002-2007 and the 2005-2008 LGT wagons!!!! I wanted that but with new tech. I got excited when I thought of the newer Legacy and a GT wagon option - doesn't exist here. Then I heard about the new WRX coming out - no hatch/wagon option. After realizing anything from Subaru that fit my description (turbo, AWD, manual transmission, WAGON) was used and a lateral move from my FXT, I started looking elsewhere. I've almost bought a couple B7 S4 wagons, but just couldn't do it. I love Subaru. I know Subaru. I'm comfortable with Subaru. Back to the drawing board.

Enter the Levorg! Finally, just what the doctor has ordered! Wait - not available in the US. Bummer! I can't see how SOA doesn't see a market for a fun, fast, wagon. Their core market is outdoor enthusiasts/families that live in bad weather areas. Their next main market seems to be performance enthusiasts. Why then would they not say, "Hey, maybe we should keep making cars for performance enthusiasts that also like the outdoors and have families?" Makes sense to me!

Anyways, long intro but here is to the Levorg! :cheers:

Coati

Coati checking in.
I've got a '02 WRX Wagon with 205,000+ miles (that I would love to replace with a Levorg);
And a '08 STI Hatch with over 80k that my wife drives daily.
I'm nearly 50, have two kids, my dad is on his second Forester (a '14 XT), and have little interest in sedans.

SOA, bring us the Levorg!

Pre

Pre, checking in, same on Nasioc, iwsti. My GR STi was my favorite car I've ever owned. Loved it, and regret selling it (stupidly thought they'd make a replacement). Only thing I didn't like about it was the motor, the EJ. Crap mileage and I was always worried about ringlands popping. Didn't want to keep a savings account with 6k in it and got tired of funneling fuel through it like a stripper snorting charly. GR w/Brembos, diffs, and the FA DIT would make me very happy but I will happily take the Levorg STi with manual transmission. I would love to see a photochop of the Levorg with GR BBS wheels.

petergun

petergun, just like on Nasioc. My 2004 TS Wagon is "only" 160,000 km, as i do my best never to drive in the daily grind and bike to work. To make the car as interesting as possible, I have slowly switched out all the components I really cared about: seats, suspension and brakes. STi Wagon suspension, JDM STi seats and StopTech rotos with braided brake hose on OEM calipers, to clear the winter 15" steelies.

I love this old EJ with my 5 speed, we are friends. Short shifter and braided clutch hose were the changes in the first months and they have enabled an almost perfect control.

But I have always dreamed of the ultimate setup: RA-Spec C engine, transmission and the trifecta of controlled diffs. In a light, low, wagon.

The Levorg is the machine that approaches things like I would: agile, comfortable, practical and descent selection of power from then engines. I would dearly love an STI multi-diff AWD sleeper, but would be happy with the 1.6 & CVT as well. 6 speed manual would be the cherry on top.

Coati

^^Sweet. I've got most of a full STi wagon kit in my '02 wagon as well. Also STi pink rear links/arms and Grp N mounts. Made the car a much nicer daily driver everywhere, although still handled like a barge compared to my wife's old MCS.

IWantALevorg

Known as IWantASuby on NASIOC, since I didn't own a Subaru at the time I joined, I thought a name change for this forum would be appropriate :). I'm still on my first Subaru, a Sonic Yellow '03 WRX wagon (lovingly nicknamed Big Bird) that I bought used from the local Subaru dealership four years ago. That being said, Big Bird now has over 153k miles, and while it runs fine, rust has been an issue for the past couple years, and I would like to replace it with a new Subaru wagon (not crossover). I'm currently financing a '13 Honda Fit Sport for credit-building and commuting, and drive Big Bird mainly in the winter months and on weekends, but I want one car that can do it all and be fun/fairly frugal. The Levorg is that car. The fact that it exists, and is the perfect car for me, yet I can't buy it, is borderline torture. I still believe we'll see either the Levorg, or get design cues from the Levorg on the '15 or '16 Impreza. I do not buy SOA's story that the limiting factor is limited engineering resources. I do believe, however, that limited production resources are a factor. As such, I'll continue to hope. Groups and forums like this should help SOA make the correct decision. :)

mtskibum16

Only thing I didn't like about it was the motor, the EJ.
Lot's of EJ hate these days (I don't just mean you). I'll admit I've never followed the GR platform so maybe they are more problematic there, but I never had a problem with my 05 STi or my 05 FXT. My FXT has over 100k miles and gets 20-22mpg city and 24-26 highway. Doesn't seem so bad to me, at least in a 2005 platform. But in the GR era, what car has as much power, AWD, and gets considerably better gas mileage? That said, I do agree it's time for an upgrade after over 10 years of EJ25 turbo engines in the STi/WRX.

Coati

The EJ is a good engine (and the one in our 08 STI has been fine), but it's old technology.

Modern cars deserve better throttle response and fuel efficiency for the target peak hp rating that hasn't really changed in a decade.

ozkan bicer

Hello you all,
Its calledman from Turkey and my nickname is calledman on all the other Subaru forums. I used to have an XV 1.6lt but I traded that in for a Turbocharged 1.6lt Levorg and I am glad I did. The Audi in the picture tried to go up that icy/snowy 70degree slope for about 10 minutes and then took his tail between his wheels and left. I climbed it up like nothing.
Levorg is awesome!! I hope you guys in America will get it sometime in the next 20 years :D

Attachments