Automatic Folding Mirrors and Windows

Suffolk

Hi, just installed my automatic folding side mirror and auto wind up module.
I purchased it from AliExpress, it did cost $73 but it was all plug and play.
I did have a problem with the unit. When it folded the side mirrors, it also opened drivers side window. I changed a few pins around and it works perfectly. It was only meant for LHD cars but it also works on RHD.
My Subaru Levorg is the GTS MY20 model.
Seller is OneLead Store. Highly recommended and also gives you direction if having any problems.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray

Rustysalami

Wowsers. That looks a good idea. Much drama fitting the module? Might buy one myself when stuff starts shipping again..

Ghost_HTX

Im guessing that those of us that have the steering wheel on the left won’t need to swap the pins round?

Suffolk

Im guessing that those of us that have the steering wheel on the left won’t need to swap the pins round?
You still might have to because as I locked the car the side mirrors folded and the open windows closed except for the drivers right hand side. It was closed but it opened. At least you have a resolution if this does happen.

Rustysalami

You still might have to because as I locked the car the side mirrors folded and the open windows closed except for the drivers right hand side. It was closed but it opened. At least you have a resolution if this does happen.
So, does the kit close the windows too when you lock it? I had Ford Focus years ago that did that and I loved it. Cheers. Rusty.

Suffolk

The module folds mirrors first then winds up rear windows then front two. If you press open lock open on remote, all windows open. You can also leave all windows open with a 2cm gap or partially open them (half way).

Rustysalami

The module folds mirrors first then winds up rear windows then front two. If you press open lock open on remote, all windows open. You can also leave all windows open with a 2cm gap or partially open them (half way).
Cheers for clarifying the windows. Sounds great!

Rustysalami

Thanks again Suffolk. I just ordered it..... and now the waiting begins.

Oz B-Spec

Thanks for this Suffolk, I'll also be jumping on and grabbing on of these.

Quick question, if I unlock the car with the remote by pressing the unlock button once, do the windows drop down? Or do you have to hold the unlock button for the windows to drop?

Suffolk

Thanks for this Suffolk, I'll also be jumping on and grabbing on of these.

Quick question, if I unlock the car with the remote by pressing the unlock button once, do the windows drop down? Or do you have to hold the unlock button for the windows to drop?
Hi, in order to make all windows drop down, you have to press unlock, lock, unlock. It's a bit of a ball breaker, but I guess I won't be doing it very often.

Suffolk

Hi, quick update. If you are having a problem with this unit not locking the drivers door but locking every other door, please let me know so I can post the solution. You will have to cut 2 wires that come on the module purchased. Thanks

Rustysalami

Also if you're located in Melbourne I can give you a hand. Stay Safe and wash you're hands!
Hey Suffolk. My parcel just arrived. I gave it a good spray of Glen 20. Anyways, can you please provide some instructions on which wires to swap and cut. I'm in Brisbane and I'll install it this weekend. Looks all plug and play. Thanks!!