Electric tailgate lift / auto boot lift

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hi everyone, my boot struts need replacing so I am thinking of putting electric ones in, so I am keen to know who went for the different options and what your experiences were, e.g.:

https://www.autoradiogpspc.com/en/car-electric-tailgate-lift-subaru-levorg-20142020-xml-860_879-5803.html (website looks european but maybe the same as the Chinese version?)

https://dcjapautomotive.com/products/subaru-levorg-my15-20-electronic-tail-gate-kit (In Australia same as me, but no foot sensor available. EDIT: DCJap tell me these are made in Taiwan )

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003026750.html?spm=a2g0o.seodetail.topbuy.1.5d5c2ce6OU8wiB (straight from China Option)

Any others? And advice / experience?

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
To me it looks like all 3 kits are the same.
Maybe pick the cheapest delivered or the one you feel will give the best customer service incase you hit an issue.

*I've spoke to the Australian supplier about buying this and the folding mirrors and saving packaging but it all comes down to price.

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
To me it looks like all 3 kits are the same.
Maybe pick the cheapest delivered or the one you feel will give the best customer service in case you hit an issue.

*I've spoke to the Australian supplier about buying this and the folding mirrors and saving packaging but it all comes down to price.
Interesting that DCJap don't have the foot sensor option if they are all the same.

There was a guy on the Levorg Australia & NZ facebook group a few years back that did a group buy I think, and had to sort out 1 or 2 technical issues. If anyone has any info please let me know!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Suffolk , a member here in Melbourne did purchase a lift kit and I think he did fit it as well. I will try to contact him abs see if he can offer any advise.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I'm in a position to purchase this so may be worth seeing if a Company would do a group buy

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Rob - Do you know anything about the functionality of the window closing on the folding mirror module? Sometimes I want to lock the car with the windows partially open, and I'm worried it will be a pain in the arse.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Rob - Do you know anything about the functionality of the window closing on the folding mirror module? Sometimes I want to lock the car with the windows partially open, and I'm worried it will be a pain in the arse.
I don't have a levorg yet or the kit but I'd imagine you'd leave the windows open a jar with the ignition on, get out press lock and it'll be as you've left them.

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
OK everyone, I think I am going to order the electric tailgate lift from DC Jap and might have a go at organising a group buy. DC Jap are cheaper than the european website, not much more expensive than Aliexpress from China (once you take shipping into account as DC Jap seen to offer free shipping in Australia), and they are local to Australia and I think they will support if any issues were to arise, which I doubt but good insurance anyway. They are also active on the Subaru Levorg Owners Australia/International facebook group with some videos etc of them using it on one of their cars they installed it on if you want to look.

So do you want me to approach them for a group buy? If so (and only if you are pretty serious), could you please post in here in the next few days, and then I will see if they will offer a discount depending on how many it looks like we will get. Pretty sure I will need rough numbers before they tell me what discount might be forthcoming (I am not a seasoned group buy organiser).

The fine print: (1) Obviously if you are not in Australia I don't know what the shipping cost would be. (2) all care, no responsibility from me (3) This kit does not have a foot sensor option (4) Installation not included, it is just the gear, which I believe is easy to install but they still recommend you get an auto sparkie to do it (but plenty of people did it themselves no dramas by the looks).

Andrew

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
If you lock the car all the windows close and the mirrors as well. Then you press lock unlock lock on the fob key and all windows open about 2cm. And if you have the weather shields you cannot even tell they are open which means people will not try to break in or if it rains no rain will come in the car. Hope this helps?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
OK everyone, I think I am going to order the electric tailgate lift from DC Jap and might have a go at organising a group buy. DC Jap are cheaper than the european website, not much more expensive than Aliexpress from China (once you take shipping into account as DC Jap seen to offer free shipping in Australia), and they are local to Australia and I think they will support if any issues were to arise, which I doubt but good insurance anyway. They are also active on the Subaru Levorg Owners Australia/International facebook group with some videos etc of them using it on one of their cars they installed it on if you want to look.

So do you want me to approach them for a group buy? If so (and only if you are pretty serious), could you please post in here in the next few days, and then I will see if they will offer a discount depending on how many it looks like we will get. Pretty sure I will need rough numbers before they tell me what discount might be forthcoming (I am not a seasoned group buy organiser).

The fine print: (1) Obviously if you are not in Australia I don't know what the shipping cost would be. (2) all care, no responsibility from me (3) This kit does not have a foot sensor option (4) Installation not included, it is just the gear, which I believe is easy to install but they still recommend you get an auto sparkie to do it (but plenty of people did it themselves no dramas by the looks).

Andrew
I'm interested but in the UK.
I'd like to see a shipped price defiantly

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Ordered via aliexpress

Last edited:

bazerama

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2016 (MY17)
Keen to hear how the installation goes Rob, if it’s not to much of a hassle I might give DCJap a go. Cheers, Seb

Luke Rado

Andrew
If you get this going let me know

twlevorg

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2.0
Haha yeah good thinking. From the model that you bought can you see what controls it comes with in the box? The AliExpress pages are overloaded with info.

Not sure if you know any of these based on the package you received:

- For closing the boot is there supposed to be a button installed in the door somewhere?
- For opening the boot is there a button to be installed in the car interior?
- There's no integration with the key right?
- There's some kind of foot wiggle sensor to go under the car?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Haha yeah good thinking. From the model that you bought can you see what controls it comes with in the box? The AliExpress pages are overloaded with info.

Not sure if you know any of these based on the package you received:

- For closing the boot is there supposed to be a button installed in the door somewhere?
- For opening the boot is there a button to be installed in the car interior?
- There's no integration with the key right?
- There's some kind of foot wiggle sensor to go under the car?
I didn't go with the option to have the foot sensor but got the following:

The button is in the handle that you swap out for the original handle - press it to close.

To open the boot from outside the car you press the unlock button on your key fob three times.