Exhaust Upgrade

Aussie down under

Wanting to upgrade the standard exhaust system on my Levorg any suggestions on brand of good system.
Cheers:)

Dee

I second HKS. Japan parts has a nice one for the Levorg, which in time I'll be getting installed on mine.

Also seen MRT has started upgrades for the Levorg recently if ur in that state.

Aussie down under

Thanks to everyone who responded to my thread. I will now do some more research on the recommendations from your replies.
cheers

IANDLP

Invidia stock hasn't landed yet-should arrive early to mid next month.

I had a HKS on one of my previous cars. Build quality was awesome and fit was just as good but I just didn't like the exhaust note.

I think I will speak to Hurricane about custom making one for me

ScottyLevorg

You're lucky - I've no idea why we only get the 1.6 here - it's like they don't understand what the customers want - i'd happily have paid extra for the more powerful engine - I wonder how complex a transplant would be.....

Price for the full system is $2090 + $15 delivery. The note is not loud and in your face. It's rather subtle. I had one on my previous MY15 WRX, it just nice enough to notice but it's not a cop magnet. The one on the WRX was cat back, I'm going turbo back this time, cater for the additional weight of the Levorg with more KW's.

I can recommend a guy in Brisbane that does my tuning. He's awesome

Last edited:
Not to bag them as I have never been there, but MRT don't have the best reputation with other car tuners etc. Also they leave the stock Can's and tail pipe on the car. Why? They reckon people don't like the noise of the exhaust on the motorway. If that's the case why have a straight through exhaust in the first place LOL

Parian

Although it's not on their website, http://www.prospeedracing.com.au now have stock of the full turbo back Invidia Q300. I ordered mine today, will be fitted next week sometime with a full dunk tune. Expecting around 50KW and 80NM torque increase :)
That's certainly quite an impressive power gain :D
Does the exhaust system enable one to retain the Subaru warranty?

Haven't researched MRT, cheers for the heads up.

Keen to hear what your exhaust sounds like after you get it fitted.

As far as I am aware. I spoke to Subaru when I bought the Levorg and asked them about the exhaust. So long as it is not directed the cause of an issue then the warranty stands. You can always put the old one back on and then call them :)

Once the car is all done I will posts some results, pics and video.

Parian

Did you upgrade the air filter set up aswell?

Any chance of uploading a video for us?

Use the 'Upload a File' tab which is located next to 'Post Reply' tab.

I'm thinking about a cat back Invidia Q300 set up with cold air intake and tune to boot. Only a 15kw increase yet if i can hear the car better then it'll serve me well.

Parian

You're lucky - I've no idea why we only get the 1.6 here - it's like they don't understand what the customers want - i'd happily have paid extra for the more powerful engine - I wonder how complex a transplant would be.....
Probably for this reason...
Thank you :) 2.0 would be fun, but yes its not available in Norway (taxes based on emissions would make it very expensive). I am receiving the car at the end of next week, so very much looking forward to it, have not seen the steel blue gray color in person yet.