Got OBD working on Levorg ?

nicodache

Hi guys,

Today I tried to hook up my cheapo bluetooth ELM327 to my phone, just to see what Torque Lite (android application) can tell me about my car.

Phone successfully connected to OBD adapter, but then it tried different communication protocols to get to talk to the ECU, but to no avail.

Any of you successfully entered their ECU using some OBD adapter off internet ?
What adapter/application/comm protocol did you use ?

Cheers

nicodache

FWIW, after I tried Torque Lite with my ELM327, I now have
- engine error
- cruise control throwing error
- gearbox stuck in S mode
- parking brake error

I'll see if they disappear after a few rides, else I'll drop her to the dealer and ask since when an OBD reader can cause an ECU to throw such errors...

Gerald Reyes

You just saved my day...i was about to use my elm dongle....try to reset the ecu by removing the positive
Battery terminal for a few minuets wait and see if the errors wiould clear.

nicodache

forgot to update ; Error just cleared after a few start up cycles. they were gone the same day :)

You can try your ELM dongle, it might work. they are not all the same ;)

Mine did not work for my previous subaru (impreza my2004), but if it did work for you on a subaru before, just give it a try ;)

nicodache

A colleague of mine bought himself an OBD-II bluetooth dongle to troubleshoot his Dacia. I tried his dongle today, and it worked !

I bought myself a similar one, and once it arrives and I got it to work, I'll let you know what it is exactly ;)

1701F

Some SAE J2534(PassThru) interface is needed.
For example,that is openport 2.0.

Currawong1

Vehicle(s)
2015 1.6L Levorg (Japan)
I got the BlueDriver one recommended by good ol' Scotty on Youtube. Works fine, except it can't read the VIN of my Japanese car, so I had to kludge one with some research. But it still asks for it every startup and wont remember the one I entered. All the same, it can read all the sensors live. Most of them are only useful if you know what the data means.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I have an Autel MaxiDiag MD808.I have had a quick play and it appears to read all the modules on the car including the Eye Sight Control unit.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
I have an Autel MaxiDiag MD808.I have had a quick play and it appears to read all the modules on the car including the Eye Sight Control unit.
Did you get it from ebay? A lot of the ebay reviews are not kind to this unit. Did you download the Subaru software for it? Thanks

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I bought it from Amazon as there are a lot of Chinese clones on Ebay. You get free updates from Autel for this model. It does not list the Levorg on the options on mine but I just put in it is a Legacy and all the cars modules talk to it OK.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Trying to choose which OBDII blue tooth reader to get, there are heaps of them out there, but how good? I've found a lot of them only read VIN's that are registered as sold in North America, useless anywhere else. FIX'd looked good, but it's an annual subscription to unlock all the functions. BlueDriver was my next thought, but only works on cars sold in the US. I'm currently researching OBDLink MX+, again it states US models, but says international models work too. Does anyone have any knowledge of this unit? Or can suggest a unit they have that allows all the features to work on Australian market Subies? Cheers