It’s back baby

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
Hi again, I had to get her repaired, that or $1500 at the wreckers. The COVID super payments sure came in handy........
I have read a little about getting another 20-30kw at the rear wheel with a tune or exhaust. I’d appreciate who has done this and their experiences....
cheers
Jerry

Attachments

Bigredsti

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GTS MY17, Outback 3.6R MY15, WRX STi MY02
Hey Jerry, I just joined and read your post. My experience so far with the Levorg is to leave the exhaust alone unless you want a different note. As for improving the performance I found a plug-in throttle controller to be a great choice and so inexpensive. The car seriously feels to have gained more than what you are seeking. About $220 and installed in 5 minutes. The car is transformed without any stress on the driveline.

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
cheers Bigred, I understand about the CVT and stress, I will google this plug in throttle controller you speak of....thanks for your reply

Bigredsti

Vehicle(s)
The one I am using on my wife’s levorg is called hikeit x9. Multiple options and profiles.
this is the model. You will find many others online such as idrive which I have used previously. I think the hikeit is better in the profiles available plus a sort of anti theft mode.30CB39AF-C1EC-4D83-8B36-9906725B4B50.jpeg

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
Ok it’s a fair bit cheaper than a MRT staged power kit.....lol I can see the advantage but would it make much difference than if I am in SPORT#?

Bigredsti

Vehicle(s)
A hugely noticeable difference. You will be surprised at how much the standard car has been restrained just in throttle programming. S# will hold you in gear enabling faster acceleration. Just I and S are transformed to high performance modes.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Where could we get one of these wonderful things? I would hate to get one from, say ebay and find it is a copy and does not proform as it should.

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
From what I understand not more power, just better throttle response

Bigredsti

Vehicle(s)
No change in output. It modifies the throttle mapping to dramatically improve the response. Unenhanced the levorg has no noticeable distinction between no boost to full boost and provides a smooth experience in acceleration. The throttle controller allows the throttle to be significantly more responsive with the result that the available boost is ready to use with much greater immediacy. With the various modes you have a wide range of options including no enhancements up to maximum. Plus you have the changes noticeable with SI drive and S#. I have not noticed any change in fuel economy with this hikeit yet. With other devices on other vehicles I did see and improvement of 1-3l/100km in Sydney driving.

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
Any views on a stage one MRT/COBB power kit? I’m interested in a genuine efficient power gain

Bigredsti

Vehicle(s)
I expect the MRT kit is well developed. I still have one on an 02 STi. The FA20 is not as robust from the factory as is the EJ207 and therefore any increase can only be minimal to not stress it and keep some reliability. Then there is the CVT with its own limitations. My view is accessing the factory performance and not taking the drivetrain beyond its limits is the better way to go.

Jerry J

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg GTS
Very good advice thanks mate. I think a mild tweak to Japanese factory specs would be a satisfying result for me