Levorg Volume Controls (left side)

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
Heya all!!

Just picked up a Levorg 1.6 - awesome little beast - realised it's my 10th Subu...

I've been trying to work out where I can buy the volume controls for the left side of the steering wheel without much luck. I've gotten a Sony XAV-AX5000 put in, so would like the hands free control.

Does anyone know where you can buy these from? Also does the Forester one fit? I know you can get that part easily enough!!!

PFA :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Heya all!!

Just picked up a Levorg 1.6 - awesome little beast - realised it's my 10th Subu...

I've been trying to work out where I can buy the volume controls for the left side of the steering wheel without much luck. I've gotten a Sony XAV-AX5000 put in, so would like the hands free control.

Does anyone know where you can buy these from? Also does the Forester one fit? I know you can get that part easily enough!!!

PFA :)
Hi, correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it that you want to fit a Sony aftermarket stereo but retain the controls offered from the steering wheel?
I would have thought therefore that what you require is a Sony compatible stalk adapter to a Subaru Connects 2 device. Preferably for either the Forester or similar but more popular model in Subaru's range that shares the same original head unit as the one in your Levorg. I'm presuming that you're in the UK?
Members here have swapped out the original head unit with varying success, as in retaining all functions i.e. reverse camera, hands free dialling etc. It's all well documented on the site somewhere, you may have to buy some additional leads to do it all, mainly for a Toyota because they took a stake in Subaru a long while back and Subaru uses some Toyota components in their cars construction.

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
Hi, correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it that you want to fit a Sony aftermarket stereo but retain the controls offered from the steering wheel?
I would have thought therefore that what you require is a Sony compatible stalk adapter to a Subaru Connects 2 device. Preferably for either the Forester or similar but more popular model in Subaru's range that shares the same original head unit as the one in your Levorg. I'm presuming that you're in the UK?
Members here have swapped out the original head unit with varying success, as in retaining all functions i.e. reverse camera, hands free dialling etc. It's all well documented on the site somewhere, you may have to buy some additional leads to do it all, mainly for a Toyota because they took a stake in Subaru a long while back and Subaru uses some Toyota components in their cars construction.
That's the easy part, what I'm after is the controls themselves on the steering wheel. My Levorg doesn't have them on the left hand side, so I'm going to need to pickup some and get them fitted, and yes, I know I need to get associated harnesses etc, but the easy part is the headunit as it can map any input key to a function.

I found a possible candidate here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222870708572 - but with Victoria going into lockdown, I'm not holding my hopes on that :(

Vehicle(s)
Ah I get it now. And you're in Australia too. I'm in the UK and the UK models have the audio controls on the left. If you can't get hold of the controls separately, it may just be worth your while buying a UK spec steering wheel off ebay. There's a couple of Levorgs on ebay UK being broken.
Be careful handling the steering wheel airbag though.

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
No New Zealand thankfully. Just sitting here watching the world burn....

The forester one looks identical, I'm just getting the vendor to confirm (they are a subaru dealer so hoping it will just fit). If I can get this my local car audio place is excellent, he pretty much said if I can get the buttons he can make it work.

Vehicle(s)
Also, some Levorgs have the eyesight control switches on the steering wheel at odds with their age. Mine is a 2017 registration without it. But I've come across 2016 models with it. Make sure that you get the right one for your car.

Vehicle(s)

The forester one looks identical, I'm just getting the vendor to confirm (they are a subaru dealer so hoping it will just fit). If I can get this my local car audio place is excellent, he pretty much said if I can get the buttons he can make it work.
New Zealand. I never knew that there's a Victoria there.
Subaru is technically a small manufacturer by car standards. I can't imagine them commissioning non interchangeable parts for every model of car they make.
I reckon that as long as the head unit in the donar Forester car is the same as yours you're onto a winner!

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
Yeah there is - but the Victoria in question is in Australia - so it's at least on this side of the world! Just we're watching them go through a second wave and it's a bit frightening.

Getting stuff shipped from the UK to NZ is quite spendy for larger items unfortunately - small stuff is fine. Are there any good places to look for this stuff in the UK online - or is it contact the people directly?

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
Also, some Levorgs have the eyesight control switches on the steering wheel at odds with their age. Mine is a 2017 registration without it. But I've come across 2016 models with it. Make sure that you get the right one for your car.
Yeah mine has eyesight - so it's just getting a model with volume controls and the eyesight stuff.

Vehicle(s)
Yeah there is - but the Victoria in question is in Australia - so it's at least on this side of the world! Just we're watching them go through a second wave and it's a bit frightening.

Getting stuff shipped from the UK to NZ is quite spendy for larger items unfortunately - small stuff is fine. Are there any good places to look for this stuff in the UK online - or is it contact the people directly?
The Levorg is a rare car in the UK. It's usually Amazon, ebay, or Subaru owners and dealers for me.
Interchangeable parts and access via the Internet makes your task achievable. It's this covid 19 thing that can hinder you a little.

Croz_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 Levorg

G'day Doogie, I just picked up a 2014 Levorg on Tuesday and also need the left hand switches. How did you get on with your search? Did the Forester parts fit?

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
Yep absolutely - the only thing wrong is that their button mappings are different for Cruise / Cancel etc. Something I mean to fix by taking apart the original one and just putting the buttons on the new one.

Here it is from my car - the colour was slightly different (grey vs a gunmetal grey from the original) but it's in and works perfectly with my Android Auto head unit.

levorg.jpg

Croz_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 Levorg
Yep absolutely - the only thing wrong is that their button mappings are different for Cruise / Cancel etc. Something I mean to fix by taking apart the original one and just putting the buttons on the new one.

Here it is from my car - the colour was slightly different (grey vs a gunmetal grey from the original) but it's in and works perfectly with my Android Auto head unit.

View attachment 1147
Nice job, that looks awesome! Where did you end up buying them from? I'm in NZ too.

doogie

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2014 1.6
I got mine from Subaru Docklands in Australia - funnily enough that link at the top for eBay still works - basically the MY13-15 Forester had almost identical controls.

Croz_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 Levorg
I got mine from Subaru Docklands in Australia - funnily enough that link at the top for eBay still works - basically the MY13-15 Forester had almost identical controls.
NIce one, thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting hold of some and fitting them to my one. cheers!

darkman0101

Nice one. I've just got myself a JDM import 2.0L. It looks like the Japanese owner had taken out the OEM headunit and replaced it with a standard stereo. I've had an Android Auto 2-DIN put in, but am also missing the audio control buttons on the wheel. I'll haven't had a look to see if the plugs for the audio buttons are just tucked in behind the blanking plate yet (hopefully they are).
How are the button pads/plates removed?
Roughly what did it cost to get the buttons from Oz if you don't mind my asking?

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi

Sorry to pull up an old thread but Doogie, did you ever end up replacing the buttons on the RHS for the lane assistance etc that the Levorg's have there? I am about to push go on the same upgrade via AliExpress : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005044511517.html
For $125 NZD, seems like a no-brainer.