Looking to buy a Levorg and need some advice pls!

DavorS

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg (possibly)
Hi

I'm based in the UK and test drove a 2015 Levorg (1.6T) today. Car was great apart from a whistling noise when the A/C was switched on. Also on the coldest setting the air was still not ice cold. Mentioned to the salesman and he said that he would get the A/C recharged and all would be good but this noise sounded to me like a compressor issue or similar. Has anyone any experience of this and if so what the costs to repair are likely to be?

I really loved the car, but have put the purchase on hold until I get my head around this potential A/C issue.

Any help/thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers
David

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Hi David, why not make it a condition of sale that the 2 items must be fixed or no sale? After they have been fixed take it for a test drive and take it to a person you trust to double check the repairs are done correctly?

DavorS

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg (possibly)
Hi David, why not make it a condition of sale that the 2 items must be fixed or no sale? After they have been fixed take it for a test drive and take it to a person you trust to double check the repairs are done correctly?
Thanks for reply.

Yeah, I think I'll push for AC to be fixed before parting with my cash.

Found a technical note for a recall on 2014 to 2016 AC compressor and clutch assembly, need to recheck the service history on the car and see if that was done.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I have had experience of salesmen saying it is just needing the aircon re-gassing. That is their standard comment. I would get some kind of warranty in writing on the aircon repair. If they are a reputable garage then they shouldn't have a problem doing this. Good luck. FYI, I have just bought a Levorg and love it every time I get in it.

nicodache

Found a technical note for a recall on 2014 to 2016 AC compressor and clutch assembly, need to recheck the service history on the car and see if that was done.
Have you got more info about this ? my airco worked well for 3 years, then I had to have it recharger, and now it doesn't work as well - still whistling sound, and air half cold on one of the 4 dashboard vents :/

DavorS

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg (possibly)
UPDATE - test drove the car again after the A/C was regassed and the air was ice cool and the noise had gone away, looks like the salesman was right after all!

Picked the car up at the weekend there, totally loving the way it drives and the infotainment is better than my prev BMW. Very happy :)

D

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Welcome & congratulations, driving the Levorg always puts a smile on my dial, well done

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Hope you enjoy the new Levorg. I have had mine a couple of months now and still find reasons to go out in it. Or just go out for no reason at all.