Multi Information Display and Multi Funcion Display Language Change

Anthony Boyce

Hi just though I would post Pics of how to do this as I wasn't even sure it was possibile to do before I bought my car (Japanese Imported 2015 Levorg) Might help someone who is looking into getting an imported one :)

First the Multi Information Display in the Gauge cluster.
1. Using the UP/Down arrows on the control switch navigate to the screen you see in the Second Image.
2. Hold the i/Set button for about 5 seconds untill you see the text in the Display (画面設定/Screen Settings) the pull i/Set again to select this menu.
3. Navigate to Page 4/4 (言語/Language) and select
4. Navigate to Page 2/3 which is English and pull i/Set to select and you should see "setting Complete".

P6200145.jpg P6200155.jpg P6200156.jpg P6200157.jpg P6200158.jpg P6200160.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony Boyce

Now the Multifunction Display (Pics In english first to help show navigation sequence)

1. Press and Hold Enter on the MFD control switch for about 5 seconds until the settings menu is displayed.
2. Navigate 3 down to System Setting press Enter.
3. Navigate 6 down (so over one page) to Languages (言語) press Enter
4. Press Enter again you should see double arrows beside the text (Japanese/日本語) you can now scroll through the options, select English and press Enter to select.
5. Press down to Hi-light the LH virtual button (set/設定) and press Enter, you should now see setting complete.

P6200164.jpg P6200166.jpg P6200167.jpg P6200168.jpg P6200169.jpg P6200170.jpg P6200171.jpg P6200172.jpg P6200173.jpg P6200175.jpg

Last edited:

moojy

Nice Anthony thanks for the info have been thinking of importing a 2.0 to the UK as we don't get that model here.
Dumb question but there's no way to adjust it to show British mph and mpg instead of that weird km stuff I guess? <wink>

Anthony Boyce

Not that I can see sorry had a look through the menus, there didn't appear to be an option to change it.

Hayden.eos

Vehicle(s)
Subaru levorg
Hey Anthony firstly thanks for the info, however, I'm not seeing the "language" option on my screen. It appears to have the "clock" "bypass screen" and "Go back option" only. Is there another way to access the language option? I should mention it's a 2014 impreza (Gp7). Cheers mate.

samlux

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Forester XT
Hi, how do you plan to go about changing the language on the stereo? I’ve got an import myself and not being able to use all the features like the satnav is annoying me and I’m just looking for ideas on how to approach getting it sorted, thanks.

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Hi, how do you plan to go about changing the language on the stereo? I’ve got an import myself and not being able to use all the features like the satnav is annoying me and I’m just looking for ideas on how to approach getting it sorted, thanks.
For starters, there's a panel on the front of the stereo unit that has micro SD on it. Behind it is a micro SD card that has the map programming for the sat nav. You will need a appropriate SD card for your region / country. The correct SD card might cover your language issue.
I suspect that wherever you are, your local Subaru dealer will charge you to acquire one.
It may be possible to download software on to a micro SD card and use that in the location if you knew what sat nav system Subaru are using in these audio units, whether a Garmin, Tom Tom etc. When I bought my first ever sat nav, I upgraded my Tom Tom One's SD card to a larger aftermarket one to cope with updates (so it's possible) which worked fine until it died of old age. Tom Tom have subsequently made the memory cards built in, so you HAVE to purchase a new one when the memory gets filled up.

Last edited:

mkamau

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg 2016
Thanks Anthony, worked for me , now I have English on the display.