Removal of driver door panel to check window switch wiring

Les

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg
Hi. I love my 2016 Levorg that I've had a couple of months. I want to remove the driver-door panel to check whether the window switch is connected/ok. Can anyone tell me how to remove the door panel or the switch mechanism. Thank you. Happy driving :)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Welcome Les, Just remove the screw cover trim and screw behind the door opening lever, and the screw cover and screw in the door armrest (in the bottom of the part you use to pull the door closed), then the door trim just pops off when you pull gently but firmly from the bottom and then sides. (You can also use a trim tool to pop the clips, but a short firm pull works fine) When the door trim comes free don't pull it too far away from the door because all the wiring for the windows, mirror etc will still be connected. NB. the wiring isn't long enough to allow the door trim to reach the ground, so use something like a milk crate or box to rest it on while you check or disconnect/reconnect the wiring, so you don't have to hold it up the whole time ;)

Last edited:

Les

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg
Thanks soooo much!! Done.... and a simple, free fix... the connection had simply come apart. Phew. Have a great day ~ you've made mine!