Spare wheel

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I have managed to get an 18" spare wheel that fits with the same size tyre as the stock wheels 225 45 R18. The tyre is also not directional so can fit on either side of the car. It was only £40 GBP for the wheel and tyre including delivery, so well pleased. I have tried it on the car and clearance is fine all round and fits in the wheel well in the boot no problem. I have even made a securing bracket out of a piece of 8mm rod and an old sink plug holder I had lying around in the garage. Works a treat. The wheel is off an old Mazda 6 sport, it has the same stud pattern 5x114.3 and tyre size. The offset is only 4mm different to the mazda. I bought a spigot ring to fit but don't think I needed it, it went on easily without. A cheap price for the comfort of having a spare for an emergency even if it is for short term use only.

Andyimage0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

nicodache

That is a normal levorg wheel ;)

Note that you must remove the tire puncture kit holding thing (the styrofoam insert) so that the wheel fits.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Good job, would a normal levorg wheel fit or is it too wide?
A normal Levorg wheel would fit. The one in the pictures is from an old Mazda 6 but is the same size as the Levorg wheel and tyre. That way I won't have to worry about the glue and compressor. You do have to ditch the foam insert under the floor to get the spare wheel in, but it is a perfect fit.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
A normal Levorg wheel would fit. The one in the pictures is from an old Mazda 6 but is the same size as the Levorg wheel and tyre. That way I won't have to worry about the glue and compressor. You do have to ditch the foam insert under the floor to get the spare wheel in, but it is a perfect fit.
We're lucky in Aust in that our Levorgs come with a spare, even though its a space saving spare our foam insert can still be used as its different to the Euro models foam insert. You could always source a ADM replacement if you want the insert for sound deadening effect, support for the floor panels etc Let me know if you want a photo of our ADM ones and I'll snap a couple for ya. Ours also come with another foam insert that sits inside the spare and holds the jack, wheel wrench etc

Last edited:

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
I bought a space saver for mine - leaves room for a load of other stuff on top of it:

IMG_0887.JPG