Subaru Eyesight not working

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Hi guys!

So I recently bought a Levorg 2014 second-hand 1.6 GT with Eyesight. However, I can't get any of the Eyesight functions to work (i.e. Lane Keep assist, cruise control, collision avoidance, etc.) The only steering wheel functions that are working are switching between S mode and I mode.

Another big thing that flags as an issue with the system is Eyesight does not show up in the configuration menu between the tach and speedo. Any suggestions?

Attachments

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Hi, the orange I on the dash is for low fuel I assume? Can you plug an obd2 reader into the car? Looks like an import from Japan?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Yes that's a low fuel indicator (prior to purchase), and yes it is a Japanese import. I can access an OBD2 reader, what exactly will I use it for? Does the Levorg have some sort of engineering mode where you can enable/disable sensors?

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Did you have any luck? I see you don't even get the lines on the screen, nothing! I think they have pulled/ removed a relay. Maybe that's what they do when exporting a JDM car?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Hi! Still no luck yet, yes I get nothing! Let me try and record a video for your reference. I suspect a fuse or relay may have been removed, or the car was flashed with software running on non-eyesight models.

Can't seem to find any eyesight fuses/relays on the fuse diagrams, any idea where it might be located?

J50OBY

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 170
Are you certain that a 2014 car has eyesight? Only came in with 2017 cars in Europe. Do you have three cameras at the top of the windscreen?

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Are you certain that a 2014 car has eyesight? Only came in with 2017 cars in Europe. Do you have three cameras at the top of the windscreen?
He has the eyesight adaptive cruise and lane assist buttons on the steering wheel. Eyesight was available in Japan long before Europe. Only two cameras, the middle one is the auto dip beam sensor.

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Yes I'm certain I have Eyesight. My theory is the Eyesight feature was disabled in software entirely, because even cruise control (non-adaptive) doesn't work at all. Check out the attached video for more reference (no Eyesight setup in the settings menu).

We have a Subaru dealer here but I don't think they are very helpful with software-related issues.

Attachments

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
So, I took my Levorg to the Subaru service center to have it looked at by a electrical technician, and after taking everything apart (and even a reset of the system) the possible issue has been diagnosed as an incompatible replacement Combination Meter Display. The Eyesight system is working, however it cannot communicate its functions to the car due to the incompatibility/possible short.

Question now is, where would I possibly get a head unit for a 2014 JDM Levorg?

nicodache

According to google, a combination meter display looks like that

so that's not a (radio) head unit you're after, but a gauge cluster, if I understand this right.

regardless, ebay may be your best bet on this (next to car recyclers/junkyards).

PresidentPackage

For the record, my 2014 Levorg has Eyesight and it lasted a day before it kicked the can. Turned out it was the ABS module needing replacing - e.g., bad signals from the module meant Eyesight had an issue with being able to emergency brake etc, so disabled itself outright as a result.

Dealer diagnosed it and replaced that day, been working perfectly ever since