19 inch rims

Ghost_HTX

Hey guys! Here is a quick one; I really want a set of new rims to replace the stock 18s that my Levorg came with. Does anyone have any experience with 19s?

When I asked anout the STI wheel upgrade pack the guy at Subaru (Birger N Haug at Rud, for the Norwegians) he said that there were 19in STI rims available, but after looking around I can only find the 18s.

Also, and this is mainly for Stumpvold, wil I need Statens Vegvesen approval for 19s, since the Levorg cones with 17 or 18 inch rims?

Stumpvold

IMG_20180725_081338_244.jpg
This is 19 x 9,5
IMG_20180919_105434_182.jpg
Tire dimension is 235/35.
I prefer 18" over 19" because of the harsh ride the low profile tires gives you.

I think 19" is okay, if tirespec, width, and offset is within legal limits.
Also looks like most suppliers in Norway sells 17"-19" wheels for the Levorg, so thethey should be legal.

Ghost_HTX

Thanks! Based on this excellent info and my (somewhat limited) finances, Im going for 18s. That way I can just swap my existing tyres over, and I can afford slightly better, lighter wheels.

I have no real issue with a firm ride, I actually like the go-kart like feeling, but my Levorg is our primary family car, so anything that affects the comfort of Mrs Ghost and the two Ghost kids is out.

Im thinking something with matte black spokes, polished rims and a chrome delete on the window surrounds, the grill, the boot lid and the fog light bezels (the 3m satin black vinyl wrap is ordered) and body coloured door mirrors should be a good start?

Stumpvold

Thanks! Based on this excellent info and my (somewhat limited) finances, Im going for 18s. That way I can just swap my existing tyres over, and I can afford slightly better, lighter wheels.

I have no real issue with a firm ride, I actually like the go-kart like feeling, but my Levorg is our primary family car, so anything that affects the comfort of Mrs Ghost and the two Ghost kids is out.

Im thinking something with matte black spokes, polished rims and a chrome delete on the window surrounds, the grill, the boot lid and the fog light bezels (the 3m satin black vinyl wrap is ordered) and body coloured door mirrors should be a good start?
With unlimited funds I would most likely get another set of wheels, in 18" and not as wide as the current ones, but I do have a new project, and the mrs would most likely kill me if I got another set (would be third set in three years), would also get KW v1 most likely, but I think one gokart is enough.

Sounds good. Still need to do the window surrounds on mine, rest is painted black metallic, besides the grill.

laurence

View attachment 561
This is 19 x 9,5
View attachment 562
Tire dimension is 235/35.
I prefer 18" over 19" because of the harsh ride the low profile tires gives you.

I think 19" is okay, if tirespec, width, and offset is within legal limits.
Also looks like most suppliers in Norway sells 17"-19" wheels for the Levorg, so thethey should be legal.
You have to tell us about these wheels...do the front wheels turn? and is there much rubbing on front and rear.
What is the offset? It looks choice, but would like to know more please.

Stumpvold

You have to tell us about these wheels...do the front wheels turn? and is there much rubbing on front and rear.
What is the offset? It looks choice, but would like to know more please.
It certainly does not turn, not without pushing the fenders out anyway.
The car is on air suspension, or was, so the pictures wasnt in driving mode, but i could drive it pretty low without causing any damage. Btw, thats just the fronts I couldn't drive in aired out mode, rears are no problem besides massive tire wear in aired out mode.
The offset of the wheels are et43, could probably go down a mm or two in the rear, since they camber in alot.
With 235/35 tires there was no rubbing in driving mode (guessing it is 45ish mm lower than stock in driving mode), and the same with my other set of wheels in 18x9,5 et45 with 255/35 tires.
Hope this helps;)

nicodache

No idea, we're missing so many details ;
  • wheels width
  • wheels ET
  • tire size
  • lowering spring
  • how many people/luggage do you take along

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Apologies. From the advert I can answer this:
  • wheels width 8.5
  • wheels 19inch ET 45
  • tire size haven't a clue.
  • lowering springs- I plan to go to air suspension or twin coilovers.
  • Worst case 4 adults

nicodache

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Thank you so much for your time and effort in helping it really is appreciated.
Looking at Jimrrgs with 19inch wheels that looks almost perfect. - just wondering if ET42 at the front and ET45 at the rear?

Being as I only get 1 shot at buying the right wheels it's needs aa good think.

Jimrgg

Vehicle(s)
Subaru levorg 1.6 Gts
I have ET42 both front and rear, and its almost outside the wheelarch top in front, in the rear its a few mm inside the wheel arch top.
Only thing i would change is buying 245/35/19 tires next time. I have 235/35 atm and they have a little smaller diameter than the stock wheels and is a little bit too narrow for the rim width (19x8,5") there is no rim protection.
This picture is from the Nurburgring "carousel" and there was no rubbing at all with stock suspension

Attachments

Haydz26

Vehicle(s)
2016 levorg gts
Thank you so much for your time and effort in helping it really is appreciated.
Looking at Jimrrgs with 19inch wheels that looks almost perfect. - just wondering if ET42 at the front and ET45 at the rear?

Being as I only get 1 shot at buying the right wheels it's needs aa good think.
im running the 19" sti wheels which are 8.5 wide and et55 and there on the factory size 245/35/19 tyres, this is a good set up but wouldnt mind a bit more offset in the range of 42 to 45 which it would easily take so you should be sweet with those specs but dont stagger the offsets you have an awd vehicle so they need to stay the same so either et42 or et45 all round

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
im running the 19" sti wheels which are 8.5 wide and et55 and there on the factory size 245/35/19 tyres, this is a good set up but wouldnt mind a bit more offset in the range of 42 to 45 which it would easily take so you should be sweet with those specs but dont stagger the offsets you have an awd vehicle so they need to stay the same so either et42 or et45 all round
I think you have wheel offset and wheel width/diameter confused. AWD’s require the same size and width rims front to rear as the rolling diameters must match, if they don’t the AWD system will be damaged.
Different wheel offsets front to rear won’t change the rolling diameters so shouldn’t affect the AWD system. What it will do though is change the track width difference front to rear to something other than manufacturer spec. That could affect how the car handles as that are set the way they are for a reason, but different offsets isn’t as definite a NO DONT DO IT as say 19” front and 18” rear, or 225 front and 245 rear.;)

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I think you have wheel offset and wheel width/diameter confused. AWD’s require the same size and width rims front to rear as the rolling diameters must match, if they don’t the AWD system will be damaged.
Different wheel offsets front to rear won’t change the rolling diameters so shouldn’t affect the AWD system. What it will do though is change the track width difference front to rear to something other than manufacturer spec. That could affect how the car handles as that are set the way they are for a reason, but different offsets isn’t as definite a NO DONT DO IT as say 19” front and 18” rear, or 225 front and 245 rear.;)
Thank you for that. I did mean wider wheels at the back not smaller.
I wonder if et42 front and et45 rear would look good.

Jimrgg

Vehicle(s)
Subaru levorg 1.6 Gts
Thank you for that. I did mean wider wheels at the back not smaller.
I wonder if et42 front and et45 rear would look good.
You rather take et42 on both the front and rears then