Brakes and tyre life?

Damomiddap

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Getting 60 thou km from the Dunlop sport maxx 050 with mine. Now on Bridgestone potenza oo3’s. Wondering mileage others are getting.

also wondering how everyone is going with brake pads and rotors? Pretty sure I’m due for at least pads.Is it possible to machine the rotors s as nd just do new pads?

what brand rotors and pads are people liking when replacing?

cheers

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Just put 4 x Michelin Pilot 5, after 46,000km on the original tyres, hope to get better mileage, very happy so far with the ride and handling

nicodache

put same tires after 120.000km w/ 2 sets prior (winter & summer).

front brakes, got new discs & pad at 90k.
replaced rear pads at 60k.
went OEM for brakes

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I got 71,000km out of the 225/45R18 Dunlops it came with when I bought it new.
Had them replaced with Falken Azenis 510s 235/45R18
I changed the original OEM F and R brake pads to Intima SR Hybrids at 98,000km.

The pads were no where near needing replacing yet, but I wanted upgraded pads before getting the Dynotune.
The rotors were fine, so Subaru dealer just fitted the pads for me for $77.
Mechanics/brake joints often say you have to machine or replace rotors when you change pads, but most of the time it's just a money grab for them. Every time you resurface them their performance is reduced, only do it when needed.
If they aren't grooved or warped they don't need resurfacing OR replacing.

Remember Rule #1... If it ain't broke, don't fix it! ;)

Alot of Euro cars use softer metals in their rotors so they will damage more easily and can warp/buckle.
I've owned 3 Subies and never changed or resurfaced rotors, my first 1996 Imprezza did 289,000km with OEM rotors, yet a 2012 Holden Cruze needed 4 new rotors after 40,00km due to warped Euro spec rotors o_O

Damomiddap

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Yeah cool info. Thanks
True I don’t think our 2002 impreza has had new rotors either.300 thou

levorg has a bit of a lip on rotors. It had a funny shudder coming off freeway other day and starting to pull right a bit too. Oh which reminds me, has hard brake pedal before starting too,so suspect non return on vacumn to booster has failed.

ive found dba slotted rotors for $500 set of 4 so maybe go that way