Creaking/flexing noise after coilovers

Nizkit

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg GT-S
Hey all,

I've had MCA pro comfort coilovers in my 2017 GTS for close to a year now.

I have noticed a creaking/flexing plastic noise coming from the front half of the car each time I go over a bump/speed hump. The noise seems to be coming from the dash/wheel wells and door. Has anyone experienced this.

I'm taking the car back in to get a check over but was wondering if someone might be able to narrow it down. Might need to work out where everything is bolted down and check for lose screws.

Any help would be much appreciated.

nicodache

Did they torque everything with the car down on her wheel, or they did that when she was up in the air, and you've sheared bushings because of them ?
Did they grease bushings as appropriate ?
Are those regular rubber bushings, or they went for hard PU stuff ?

Nizkit

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg GT-S
Did they torque everything with the car down on her wheel, or they did that when she was up in the air, and you've sheared bushings because of them ?
Did they grease bushings as appropriate ?
Are those regular rubber bushings, or they went for hard PU stuff ?
Thanks for your reply!

From what I remember it was done in the air but I brought it back a week later for them to check over.

I believe the bushings weren't changed from stock.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Mine does it as well only if it is a hard bounce, I to have mca coilovers. I did change the speakers a and the indicators in the mirrors which gave me daytime running lights but an extra power cable in the doors which I thought maybe hitting inside the doors, when I get time I was going to open them and check. But like you it does sound like it is coming from inside the wheel arch as well?.

Nizkit

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg GT-S
Mine does it as well only if it is a hard bounce, I to have mca coilovers. I did change the speakers a and the indicators in the mirrors which gave me daytime running lights but an extra power cable in the doors which I thought maybe hitting inside the doors, when I get time I was going to open them and check. But like you it does sound like it is coming from inside the wheel arch as well?.
Good to know thanks mate!!

I have taken the car to my mechanic and the suspension place that supplied and fitted the coilovers.

Both said the same thing. They can't find anything wrong with the suspension so it's most likely due to the shorter travel transfering more vibration through the chassis and up through the car. Causing the plastic to flex making the noise.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
I did notice the other day when it rained that the car made no noise at all when going over the speed humps at my work (like I do every day), so I wonder should the mounts be lubed?

nicodache

the internet says bushings should be lubed with silicone grease, or the lubricant provided with the bushings (or by the bushing manufacturer).