Cutting power

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Hi all!

Merry Christmas!

Anyone had their Levorg cut power at 4000rpm. I’m finding every now and then under moderate throttle it’s cutting out. I’ve turned stability control off and it’s doing the same thing.

Also, even under normal driving there’s a little rough idling e.g. at traffic lights.
Im thinking spark plug but has anyone else experienced this?

nicodache

I had a case of acceleration issues and jerking at sustained speed with load (incline). Turned out to be shitty fuel triggering the knock sensor and the ECU doing its thing.

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
I had a case of acceleration issues and jerking at sustained speed with load (incline). Turned out to be shitty fuel triggering the knock sensor and the ECU doing its thing.
Come to think of it, a couple of times was on an incline but wasn’t jerky.
I only use Shell 95 but I’ve just put a tank of V-power in, see how that goes. I’m taking it to Lucas automotive soon for a service, get him to have a look too.
Cheers

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Subaru's in my experience love BP ULTIMATE, I have had 3 Subaru's, wife 2, mother 1. We all used only the ultimate from BP, friends of mine have tried the shell but always went back to BP ULTIMATE, car runs smother and less noise under power. Just my 2 cents worth.

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Thanks Robo,

I’ll give it a whirl next few tanks. I took Nicodache’s advice and got some injector cleaner yesterday. I took it for a good spin today and no rough idiling and no power cut out. Seems to have worked.

thanks guys

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
That's great news. Also get some carbie cleaner, remove the maf sensor and give it a good spray (just the little wire, but do not touch it!) Let it dry then put it back in, I found the car ran better and got better fuel economy.

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Y
That's great news. Also get some carbie cleaner, remove the maf sensor and give it a good spray (just the little wire, but do not touch it!) Let it dry then put it back in, I found the car ran better and got better fuel economy.
Yeah true, I did that with my partners 2011 Forester and there was a noticeable difference. Thanks mate