CVT leak /bilstein shocks

Wolvo

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Just failed a 12M Annual inspection at the dealer rear bilstein shock absorbers both leaking excesive and need replacing also while under there they noticed a leak coming from the transmission CVT annd this will need new seal on input shaft Car has done 98000km 2017 98000 km So im looking at 4k to fix both items providing they don’t find anything else when they open up the transmission I’m not Sure the CVT on this model will last question do I trade in now before I have any more issues

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Well don't get bilsteins, get coil overs and save money and better handling. As for the cvt guys you will have to find someone who can do the job cheaper?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Just failed a 12M Annual inspection at the dealer rear bilstein shock absorbers both leaking excesive and need replacing also while under there they noticed a leak coming from the transmission CVT annd this will need new seal on input shaft Car has done 98000km 2017 98000 km So im looking at 4k to fix both items providing they don’t find anything else when they open up the transmission I’m not Sure the CVT on this model will last question do I trade in now before I have any more issues
You could sell the car, trade it in for another and either have issues with that, or hassle free driving.
Or bite the bullet and get the cvt repaired / replaced.
Wrx suspension fits, so you could fit second hand ones cheaper if need be.

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GTSV1 STI
Hey mate, sorry to hear this, but very fixable! 4k is wild talk however!!!
Replace the suspension in 45 minutes with WRX ( a few have done so on here ) or coil overs, wont break the bank.
A good Subaru Mechanic can replace the seal and check the CVT out no problems, can we start a thread recommending any local guys out there?

As far as cars go, better the devil you know is my experience ;)

Wolvo

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Thanks for the advise looking like a rebuild of the shocks is the most cost efective I cant coilovers a LVVT cert would be required and looking at $4000 for that all up , hopefully the Subaru dealer don’t find anything else wrong wirh the transmission when they remove it will only keep the car for another 2 years