Electric tailgate lift / auto boot lift

twlevorg

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2.0
Cheers, the foot sensor looked like the thing that was most likely to go wrong anyway ha. Might look into getting one of these kits and see how it goes.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I'm about to install this kit and amazingly, it comes with warning stickers to inform people it automatically lifts, and may cut off their head, but there's no instalation guide.

I've found several videos and it looks simple enough, I'm Just wondering where I would take a power source from.

Would it be a permanent 12v or the power that unlocks the lock on the original boot hook?

twlevorg

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2.0
No idea about the power supply, but would be interested to know about the noise difference after you've managed to get it installed - I saw some people say it's a bit noisier with it (I guess maybe it doesn't seal the boot as tightly?)

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
No idea about the power supply, but would be interested to know about the noise difference after you've managed to get it installed - I saw some people say it's a bit noisier with it (I guess maybe it doesn't seal the boot as tightly?)
If its anything like my touran, there's an electrical buzz followed by a click as it locks in place.
As it locks in it makes a waterproof seal.

twlevorg

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2.0
Ahhh maybe I misunderstood. I thought that after installing it people could hear more road noise through the back. I guessed that it was because the electronic one didn't pull it in to seal the door as tightly. If there's no issue with that then i'd definitely consider getting one.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Mines done. Its on my build thread, in the gallery