Eyesight switching off - dirty windscreen?

Daniel.Hunt.

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg 1.6 Eyesight, 1996 Nissan Regulus R50
Hi all, had an issue with my 2017 1.6 Eyesight last night, which I've owned less than a month.

An hour and a half into a trip, just as it was getting fully dark, Eyesight suddenly shut down.
Cruise control disengaged, two amber warning lights illuminated, and the three distance-setting bars were replaced with an emblem of "Eyesight" with a strikeout bar through it.

It resumed operation after about ten minutes.

For the remaining two and half hours of the trip, it kept tripping in and out of a fault state.

Weirdly, after I hit rain and the auto wipers did their thing for about twenty minutes, it came back on and stayed on for the remainder of the trip.

So before I go booking it into an expensive service centre to look for damaged or loose sensors, has anyone found that Eyesight is very sensitive to dirt and dust accumulation on the windscreen in front of the cameras? Could this be the ludicrously simple cause of the issue?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi all, had an issue with my 2017 1.6 Eyesight last night, which I've owned less than a month.

An hour and a half into a trip, just as it was getting fully dark, Eyesight suddenly shut down.
Cruise control disengaged, two amber warning lights illuminated, and the three distance-setting bars were replaced with an emblem of "Eyesight" with a strikeout bar through it.

It resumed operation after about ten minutes.

For the remaining two and half hours of the trip, it kept tripping in and out of a fault state.

Weirdly, after I hit rain and the auto wipers did their thing for about twenty minutes, it came back on and stayed on for the remainder of the trip.

So before I go booking it into an expensive service centre to look for damaged or loose sensors, has anyone found that Eyesight is very sensitive to dirt and dust accumulation on the windscreen in front of the cameras? Could this be the ludicrously simple cause of the issue?
Absolutely it can, not time to stress yet ;)
There are several simple reasons it will turn itself off, basically whenever it thinks it cannot see well enough. Some reasons are:- When it's really foggy outside and the headlights reflect back at you, or when visibility is just really low, If the inside of the windscreen OR the cameras get condensation on them, if an insect splatters right in front of one of the cameras, windscreen dirty with road silt etc
I've found whenever this happens you almost always fix it by using your windsreen washers if the problem is on the outside, and by hitting your interior demist button if the problem is on the inside. I say almost always only so I'm not saying it works EVERY TIME. This HAS always worked for me, but there may be a different reason causing the problem for someone else sometime, in which these methods may then not work.
Another big reason can be if you (or someone else) has smoked in the car, the film that builds up from the smoke gathers condensation alot quicker and will trip the eyesight more frequently, in which case cleaning the inside of your windcreen will help this heaps. Gently cleaning the camera lenses may be required if heavy smoking has ever taken place. If you live in a really cold environment, treating the areas of your windscreen that are in front of the cameras with Fog X (Like Rain X, but for the inside of your windscreen) will help to keep the cameras from tripping as much. Just be careful not to get any on the camera lenses themselves, same with anything you clean the windscreen with for that matter ;)

Daniel.Hunt.

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg 1.6 Eyesight, 1996 Nissan Regulus R50
Absolutely it can, not time to stress yet ;)
There are several simple reasons it will turn itself off, basically whenever it thinks it cannot see well enough. Some reasons are:- When it's really foggy outside and the headlights reflect back at you, or when visibility is just really low, If the inside of the windscreen OR the cameras get condensation on them, if an insect splatters right in front of one of the cameras, windscreen dirty with road silt etc
I've found whenever this happens you almost always fix it by using your windsreen washers if the problem is on the outside, and by hitting your interior demist button if the problem is on the inside. I say almost always only so I'm not saying it works EVERY TIME. This HAS always worked for me, but there may be a different reason causing the problem for someone else sometime, in which these methods may then not work.
Another big reason can be if you (or someone else) has smoked in the car, the film that builds up from the smoke gathers condensation alot quicker and will trip the eyesight more frequently, in which case cleaning the inside of your windcreen will help this heaps. Gently cleaning the camera lenses may be required if heavy smoking has ever taken place. If you live in a really cold environment, treating the areas of your windscreen that are in front of the cameras with Fog X (Like Rain X, but for the inside of your windscreen) will help to keep the cameras from tripping as much. Just be careful not to get any on the camera lenses themselves, same with anything you clean the windscreen with for that matter ;)
I vape in the car, and I was driving home from child custody mediation with my recent ex wife, who is literally medicated and insane, so I was puffing on that thing like a choo-choo train, so this makes complete sense.

I'm off to the auto shop to get glass cleaner and Rain-X immediately, thanks.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Dont' forget the Fog X :p
They've changed the name, it's now called just Rain X Anti Fog