front view camera not working my18 (for parking)

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
hey guys. my front parking camera has stopped working. at first , when the problem started, it sometimes worked like normal and sometimes not. now it stopped working completly. does anyone have a wiring diagram? i found something on https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/2019-front-facing-camera-merged-thread.794611/page-3 but the connectors dont match up to my understanding. also in the levorg repairmanual from another thread is nothing since it came with my18 first.
would be thankful for any help.
regards

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Annoyingly you're gonna have to remove the bumper to check, but once removed check the connection where the camera connects to the loom in the engine bay.
Water may have got in the connection and corroded the contacts.

It could be a software glitch so remove the battery for half an hour. Press the battery a few times to completely discharge it.

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
soooo, i got a digital shop repairbook in my hand (in german) and with its help was able to figure out what the problem was/is...still working on it. a connection cable from the camera and the mfd is faulty. no throuput. will lay a bypass next and hope that this will resolve the problem. not going throug to rewire the whole string. whish me luck ^^

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
soooo, i got a digital shop repairbook in my hand (in german) and with its help was able to figure out what the problem was/is...still working on it. a connection cable from the camera and the mfd is faulty. no throuput. will lay a bypass next and hope that this will resolve the problem. not going throug to rewire the whole string. whish me luck ^^
Hopefully a pin has corroded a s just needs a clean

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
nah...pins look fine so far. think the wire got cut somewhere inbetween the 2 connectors in the enginebay. will report as i get new results

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
its working again. that bypass for the faulty calbe did the trick. putting everything back together and good to go again :D