G'day from Melbourne Australia

Ashman

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2018 ( MY19) GT-S 2.0
Hi all ...Just joined to connect with Legends of Levorgs :)

Hope someone can help me out please. I know some info is on here for part of my request. I have a 2018 (MY19) Levorg GT-S 2.0 VM and love it. I am a full time carer for my sis and it is perfect for our needs. we BOTH love DAB+ radio and sadly this car built in Feb 2018 does not have this and the Apps. The Dealer told me initially it has them but found out no they don't have it AFTER I got the car.

I am close to purchasing a genuine Headunit that has the dab+ radio and apps and completely confused by what the seller from the wreckers is saying

The seller of the change over unit says the following:

I will need an amplifier if mine doesn't have one as standard
Patch Harness
May need the centre console as it needs certain things in it
would it be a good idea to start with Subaru and ask if my car has an Amp somewhere as standard ?

Can someone please help to navigate through all of this? Being a full-time carer for my awesome sis doesn't leave me much time to research this much. I do not want a non genuine unit and I want to maintain the original look of the car - no mods. Thanks heaps in advance and God bless you all

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Hello and welcome, the easiest and cheapest way I think is to get the idoing stereo and the USB dab+ , that's what I did. You will have to install the dab+ antenna but the stereo is plug and play!

Ashman

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2018 ( MY19) GT-S 2.0
GM and thanks heaps buddy for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I don't get much time to respond to much these days but doing my best. I would definitely prefer to stay with all original "like for like" replacement but not sure where to start to get back to the wreckers?

I want to be able to buy the head unit he has and then also whatever other parts are needed to maintain the integrity of the vehicle.

I am not very mechanically minded so just need the steps to get started.

I will maybe start with Subaru to give them my VIN Number and go from there but if there is anyone out there that can help. it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again Robo