Headlight identification

darkman0101

I've got a MY16 2L GT and the right (driver's) low beam has stopped working with a "headlight unavailable" message on the dash (with the symbol).
I've had a look at the headlight assembly and can't for the life of me see where your pull a bulb. I'm wondering if they are LED headlights.
Is there anyway to tell easily if they are LED or HID?
If they are HID, is there a way to pull the globe?
There is a connection for the high beam and a plug that goes to a unit that seems to be part of the alignment mechanism. I'm not sure if this is it or not...

Jason

Last edited:

nicodache

I have that thing too.

I came and went after I cleaned the windshield outside as there was some muck.

but now that it's dirty inside and haven't cleaned it for a while (neither in nor out), I got that message permanently on too.

Not that it prevents the light from working though. Go figure...

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Come to think of it, I'm not sure you have LED headlights, because my LED'S have only the 1 globe for both hi and low. When you put the high on the light raises up. I will try to take a photo of the back of my LED light later for you to compare to yours.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Wierd, you're headlights are totally different to mine Robo. And we both have MY17 GTS from Australia, go figure. (Are yours OEM or aftermarket, I know you had to replace one eaarlier?) Anyway, Here's a photo of my headlight Darkman, hopefully yours is the same as one of ours. Mine has LED for lowbeam, and normal halogen globe for high beam, no indicator as that is located on the bumper, my C-Light is also larger than Robos one.Subie Headlight.jpg

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Wierd, you're headlights are totally different to mine Robo. And we both have MY17 GTS from Australia, go figure. (Are yours OEM or aftermarket, I know you had to replace one eaarlier?) Anyway, Here's a photo of my headlight Darkman, hopefully yours is the same as one of ours. Mine has LED for lowbeam, and normal halogen globe for high beam, no indicator as that is located on the bumper, my C-Light is also larger than Robos one.View attachment 1219
So your indicator is in the bumper near the driving lights. Mine is like the v1.5 just before the update so it has almost all the extra stuff like LED headlights (adaptive) and LED driving lights but I do miss out on the Android stereo which is a shame. I have the front, side and rear cameras as well as the camera in the rear vision mirror. 40/20/40 split rear seats. Can you change the LED globe in yours? I bet darkman has your lights not mine. That maybe a good thing and they will be cheaper to replace??

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
So your indicator is in the bumper near the driving lights. Mine is like the v1.5 just before the update so it has almost all the extra stuff like LED headlights (adaptive) and LED driving lights but I do miss out on the Android stereo which is a shame. I have the front, side and rear cameras as well as the camera in the rear vision mirror. 40/20/40 split rear seats. Can you change the LED globe in yours? I bet darkman has your lights not mine. That maybe a good thing and they will be cheaper to replace??
Not sure, don't think the LEDs are replaceable. Headlights definitely aren't adaptive, so should be cheaper. My rear seats are 60/40 split. I have rear and side cameras, not front nor rear mirror, but rear mirror is auto dimming.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Not sure, don't think the LEDs are replaceable. Headlights definitely aren't adaptive, so should be cheaper. My rear seats are 60/40 split. I have rear and side cameras, not front nor rear mirror, but rear mirror is auto dimming.
Like I say 2017 was when they were about to upgrade (in Australia) and mine had almost all the new stuff just missed out on the Android auto, Dam it!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Like I say 2017 was when they were about to upgrade (in Australia) and mine had almost all the new stuff just missed out on the Android auto, Dam it!
So yours must be a 2017 build MY17. I'm betting Darkmans lights are the same as mine then as mine is a 2016 build MY17 model. Hopefully he can work out his by both our photos