Hello from Cumbria, UK.

jb.33

Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Levorg 1.6 GT
Hi all.
Signed up a few weeks ago and thought it is about time I said hello!
I live in Cumbria in the UK and have owned Subaru's (Imprezas) in the past, and after a few years absent I am hopefully collecting a 2016 Levorg 1.6 in the next couple of days.

Being in the UK we only got one trim level and I would like to change a couple of things with the aesthetics to try and toughen it up a bit.
If anyone has advise on where to get parts in the UK, or any common issues that I need to look out for that would be very helpful.

Look forward to your replies.
Thanks JB

Last edited:

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Hi all.
Signed up a few weeks ago and thought it is about time I said hello!
I live in Cumbria in the UK and have owned Subaru's (Imprezas) in the past, and after a few years absent I am hopefully collecting a 2016 Levorg 1.6 in the next couple of days.

Being in the UK we only got one trim level and I would like to change a couple of things with the aesthetics to try and toughen it up a bit.
If anyone has advise on where to get parts in the UK, or any common issues that I need to look out for that would be very helpful.

Look forward to your replies.
Thanks JB
There are a few of us from the UK on here but not many. I've had mine for 2 years now and no issues at all in that time. The front suspension is a bit thumpy on rough roads, but as you will read on here they all seem to be like that. Hope you like the new motor when you get it.

Andy

jb.33

Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Levorg 1.6 GT
There are a few of us from the UK on here but not many. I've had mine for 2 years now and no issues at all in that time. The front suspension is a bit thumpy on rough roads, but as you will read on here they all seem to be like that. Hope you like the new motor when you get it.

Andy
Thanks for the replies.
It ticks alot of boxes for me so hopefully it goes ahead, just the gearbox I'm unsure about, never driven a CVT.

It doesn't seem to be a popular model in the UK, I've only seen a handful. The XV is alot more common. Subarus in general in my area are a dying breed, there's only one main dealer in the whole county.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
I've had mine for nearly 3 years with no issues. Still very happy with it, and really like the CVT. As for parts, there's a few sellers on eBay that do skirts, spoilers etc, otherwise, there's some great stuff to be had from Japan and Taiwan.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Thanks for the replies.
It ticks a lot of boxes for me so hopefully it goes ahead, just the gearbox I'm unsure about, never driven a CVT.

It doesn't seem to be a popular model in the UK, I've only seen a handful. The XV is a lot more common. Subarus in general in my area are a dying breed, there's only one main dealer in the whole county.
I love the CVT after getting used to it. It can get a bit revvy when you push it, but the smoothness when driving normally more than makes up for it.

Andy

jb.33

Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Levorg 1.6 GT
I've had mine for nearly 3 years with no issues. Still very happy with it, and really like the CVT. As for parts, there's a few sellers on eBay that do skirts, spoilers etc, otherwise, there's some great stuff to be had from Japan and Taiwan.
Good to know, will keep looking around. Will probably go down the STI/body kit route, nothing over the top.

jb.33

Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Levorg 1.6 GT
I love the CVT after getting used to it. It can get a bit revvy when you push it, but the smoothness when driving normally more than makes up for it.

Andy
That sounds alright, I had visions of it being like a 50cc scooter
Smooth and quiet would be nice, I'm fortunate to have another manual car for sundays if the mood takes me.