Hopeful from the UK

Xs750dohc

Vehicle(s)
WRX-s
Hi, we are long-term Subaru owners - 3 Legacys (two imports) and two UK Imprezas. Despite our advancing ages we both love driving and the buzz you get from a Subaru. We recently visited Japan and saw numerous JDM models but it was the new Levorg which stood out for us, especially the STi. We've dealt with an excellent UK JDM importer in the past and he currently has an older style Levorg for sale. It looks great but is 8 years old with 50k on the clock. We want something far newer for long term ownership. However, the importer's fear is that the new Levorg may be incompatible with UK tech, ie; the dash is digital and may not be adaptable to mph and the satnav will be similarly Japanese language only. From previous experience with a 2012 Legacy DIT changing the dash language was easy but the satnav needed a headunit change and was tricky making the steering wheel controls connect to it. Does anyone have any useful experience /advice to help us make a decision? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

nicodache

I heard UK is now using metric system in many places ? is MPH still a requirement, or you just require a speedo ?

I'm not worried about HU if you're fine with the idea of a chinese android thing, steering control usually works ok through a mapping application that allows to teach the head unit the steering wheel button keycodes, and I'm satisfied with my MY2015 levorg on that aspect :)

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
It's still MPH here, as well as liquids in metric. After all, the government can't have us knowing how much we actually pay per gallon for our petrol and diesel, can they? ;)

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
What about importing a newer model Levorg from Australia instead? Sure you'll get kilometres, but at least it'll be English.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Speak with Patrick in JDMauctionwatch. He has imported my cars to Ireland. Is great to deal with and will most likely get answers to your questions. You may be stuck with the likes of MPH rather than KPH & the sat nav. Up to you whether that is an issue or not long term and whether you use it or now.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I have an imported sti. I have a small speedo showing mph that sits on my dash.
I only use my phone via Bluetooth but plan to change the head unit to an doing one. - which people have got the steering wheel controls working.

I was able to change the welcome messages to UK from Japanese, but I can't change the litres per hour to mpg.

Xs750dohc

Vehicle(s)
WRX-s
Thanks all for the replies. I will contact the Irish reference and hopefully go ahead.