how to disable interier alarm

motty

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg
HI, does anyone know how to lock the car ( mine is keyless 21 plate Levorg ) without enabling the interior sensor. My dog would set it off every time if I cant find out how. thanks.

Motty

JGC60

Vehicle(s)
2020 Levorg 2.0 GT
If it's the same as mine (keyless 20 plate Levorg) you press 'Start' once to turn ignition on (without starting the engine), immediately press 5 on the alarm pinpad (the LED will flash 5 times) and then immediately turn the ingition off. Lock the car in the usual way and it will lock without setting the interior sensor. You have to do this each time you want to lock up without the sensor.

motty

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg
If it's the same as mine (keyless 20 plate Levorg) you press 'Start' once to turn ignition on (without starting the engine), immediately press 5 on the alarm pinpad (the LED will flash 5 times) and then immediately turn the ingition off. Lock the car in the usual way and it will lock without setting the interior sensor. You have to do this each time you want to lock up without the sensor.
Hi, thanks for that. Mine is keyless, however where is the alarm keypad? Sorry If im slow on the uptake, if I am I put it down to my age,lol. I have found out if I lock the car with the removable key inserted in the fob then it locks the car without alarming it. This works but is fiddly and a pain to do each time. So I was going to have a key cut to save me extracting this key from the fob each time then I can use that key instead of the fob for locking it.
Otherwise I do love the car, I'd never heard of a " Levorg " before, I actually went to a Vauxhall/Subaru dealer near me to look at a beautiful Peugot 508 but saw the Levorg and bought that instead. Funny thing is, few days later the wife bought the 508. So they did ok out of us, I have asked them of course but one guy said you cant turn it off which i thought was ridiculous and another suggested I try the "key in the fob" which I did and it did work. I also own another subaru, I've had a 2005 subaru forester for several years, has the 2.5 boxer engine in it and it has the the standard key with built in fob and If I use the key to lock that car it doesnt alarm the interior so I should have considered it myself but alas I didnt, anyway, that works, just a pain unless I can get another key cut and then I dont have to fiddle around trying to get the key out of the fob in the wet and dark

Kelvin

JGC60

Vehicle(s)
2020 Levorg 2.0 GT
If you're in the drivers seat it will be somewhere near your right knee, behind a cover that looks like a small fusebox cover just below the Start button (see pic). It's hinged at the bottom so pull open at the top. (If you over-pull it it will come off completely, but it just clips back on).
The procedure is:
Once you've parked up, turn engine off as usual. Open the pinpad cover. Then press the Start button without your foot on the brake; the first press is Aux on (radio etc), the second press is Ignition on. Then press 5 on the pinpad - the red LED will flash 5 times. Immediately press the Start button again to turn the ignition off. Now, when you lock the car with the button on the keyfob, the doors will lock but the movement sensor won't be on so the dog will be fine. The same procedure turns the tilt sensor off as well, so if you're going on a ferry you do the same thing to avoid your alarm joining the cacophony of others on the car deck..
Regards
JohnLevorg pinpad.jpg

motty

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg
Blimey! how daft am I. Seen it before of course but didnt connect. I thought the keypad would come up on the dash. I just thought this was part of the cars internal electronics and for servicing etc. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me and send the pic, most useful. So I now have two methods, this one and and using the key fitted into the fob. Thank you so much. Now I need to find a suitable wheel to act as a spare instead of the spray and Im content.