Idea: OEM STi/WRX Suspension with Levorg Springs

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi
Hi all,

Am about to push the button on changing out the horrid factory B6 shocks for some WRX items and am thinking that as a future upgrade I will install some Levorg lowering springs. Looking at the shock design side by side they appear identical, i.e the springs would swap over.

My original thinking behind this was I have seen others comment on a supposed 'sag' in the rear of the Levorg when the WRX shocks are used and was thinking that by using the spring rates designed for a Levorg on the better-valved WRX suspension I could have the best of both worlds.
However since asking the community, there is no such thing and this was seemingly a thought someone made and (given the limited supply of irrefutable info on the Levorgs) became internet gospel.

OEM Spring Rates for the WRX/STi I've read are:
STI Front 5.8K / Rear 5.3k
WRX Front 5.8K / Rear 5.2K

I've not been able to find the Levorg Spring rates but as an example, Whiteline aftermarket springs advertise a 15mm drop and 6.1kg front 5.8kg rear spring rate so would seemingly improve the reported sag in the rear.

Am wanting to stay away from coilover/adjustable shocks for now as it requires additional compliance/costs here in NZ and trying to avoid spending too much on the daily.

Has anyone done this before?

EDIT: On further inspection I can see that Whiteline's offering for the WRX/STi platform is identical to that of the Levorg (for both drop and spring rates i.e a 15mm drop and 6.1K Front/5.8kg Rear).
Assuming the OEM Levorg rear springs do still have a spring rate greater than 5.2/5.3K (they would have to if the rear 'sag' phenomenon exists), which means going to aftermarket would make the rear end sit higher and/or increase the firmness in the rear.

If anyone has the OEM Levorg spring rates that would help clear it up a bit!

Last edited: