Inspection Report -buying Levorg

Tomuu

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback soon to be Levorg
Hi everyone! I'm planning on buying a Levorg. Just wanted to get a bit of clarity on this. I posted this on a Facebook group and got a few responses which said these problems from the inspection are easy to fix but the abnormal driveline noise during test could be bad. The dealer has offered to sort all the oil leaks as well as the noise with proof of work done. I just wanted to hear other people's thoughts if I should be concerned and walk away or get problems fixed and it should be smooth sailing. Please see notes below! Any help is much appreciated :) thanks!
Tom
IMG_9311.pngIMG_9313.jpegIMG_9308.jpeg

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
VMG (A) Levorg
Hi

my thoughts are walk away honestly...just not worth the hassle

to me the problems although most minor seem like they should have been picked up with proper regular servicing. This inspection kinda says otherwise, if i was a dealer i would get car inspected and sort these issues out as you know buyers will find them not a good look.

The worrying one is driveline noise could be CVT related even with their "fix" could be underlying issues. CVT issues can be very costly

Im assuming your are i n NZ, there are plenty of these coming up, I waited almost 5 months till mine if found mine and inspected 1 other that i walked away from, which is hard when you think you have found a great example.

nicodache

Same feeling here; my car is a MY2015 w/ 170kkm
- still on the original battery which I depleted enough for the remote blip not to work anymore. twice.
- no weird vibration when driving, despite Belgium (especially where I live) being known for potholes.
- for what I can tell, my engine wouldn't be wet - it doesn't smell of oil when warm
I don't get how a 98kkm car is in such a worse shape than mine.

If you consider the timing cover leaks, the left tires damaged, the tired battery, I do wonder if the previous owner cared for their car whatsoever.

---

Now, if the dealer is offering to fix all of that, why not. But I would request/require them to offer warranty (say 1y or 20kkm)
- on their work
- on the non-wear items

so if you ever buy that car, and it turns out to be a lemon, they're in deeper than you would...