Levorg GTS Rear Camera Hack

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G'day all,
Discovered this little gem and thought I'd share..
I have a 2017 GTS with the 7" infotainment system, not sure if this works on other units or not.
But I came across a hidden feature of the reverse camera.
It enables the rear view camera to remain active while driving, and brings up a Audio testing screen too.
It also allows you to set the parameters of the red, yellow and green guide lines on your reverse camera, left, right, forward and back, So you can fine tune them.
I've set mine so they line up perfectly with my garage door line so I know exactly where to stop and have the door just miss when it comes down, giving me more room to walk around the front of the car ;)

And it goes a little something like this...
1. Press and hold the 'Info" button on your head unit
2. Press the "Audio/Tune" knob twice (While holding the "info" button in) It then brings up a "Line Diag" screen
3. The audio immediately defaults to AM mode unfortunately, so I hit the "Audio Check" onscreen button and then the "Mode" onscreen button and select FM (or whatever else you want to listen to (because once you bring up the rear camera you cant change your audio source until you turn the Camera back off :( )
4. Then hit the "Camera Setting" onscreen button and it will bring up the screen that shows your Rear View Camera and all the onscreen buttons to adjust it as described above. Make your fine tuning adjustments then hit "Set" and you're done.
You can also leave this screen on while driving allowing you to use the Reverse Camera without reversing.
One last important point...
To get back out of this, press and hold the "Home" button on the head unit, for three to four seconds, it will reboot and be back to normal.
Hope you all find this helpful like I did.
Tried to upload some pics but it said they were too large :(
If anyone needs them let me know and I'll try to work out how to reduce the size to upload them

Last edited: