MCA Suspension

olis124

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S, Subaru Forestor
Hi guys, any Sydney based owners that have MCA pro comforts installed, comments please.

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GTSV1 STI
Hi Mate. Watch this space, getting them fitted in about 3 weeks and will report back.

From what the intel says on this site, and a few WRX ones its a great move over the shitty Bilstein setup.

olis124

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S, Subaru Forestor
Hi Mate. Watch this space, getting them fitted in about 3 weeks and will report back.

From what the intel says on this site, and a few WRX ones its a great move over the shitty Bilstein setup.
Hey buddy, did you end up getting the MCAs installed yet?

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
Hey buddy, did you end up getting the MCAs installed yet?
Yes! I went with the MCA Vostons. Price point was likeable at $1750 via Pro Speed Racing. Also wanted a setup that was capable of providing some comfort as well as performance if I feel like dialing them up a few clicks. Well, as much performance as a Levorg can offer lol. All this plus an escape from the Bilstein hell the car has been living up to this point....

Build quality is superb on these, and it feels great to go with a local manufacturer for piece of mind and warranty. Black and green looks mean also, thats important!

Immediate and positive difference to the car. Feels like contact with the road is vastly improved, and a sharper response from steering and cornering I have noticed straight away. I drove the long way home and just wow, huge improvement to the overall driving experience.
Firm, but loveable, and zero bouncing from the rear. I purposely took a few windy roads and found some potholes as well. Its Sydney, theres plenty... Pushed the car hard and it ate them without issue.

Im sure with some adjustment over time ill find the optimal sweet spot.

Most of all, that f@#$ing bang from the front shocks has disappeared.... Hallelujah.

Id recommend this upgrade to anyone. As others have mentioned previously, its how the car should have been designed from factory.

MSR fitted, adjusted, and tested for $380.

Happy camper over here. Anyone keen to take the Bilsteins off my hands? ;)

Last edited:

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
Looks like the right choice lads.

I also had the HKS styles in mind, along with Blitz, but quite a firm ride was the feedback. Dont need that in a Levorg as its not a track car,
When you do some driving last thing you need is a whine fest from the Mrs and kiddos.

A huge thank you to everyone who shared great info on this topic, its always helpful and appreciated. A superb group of humans in here ;)

AdrianLevorg

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg
Yes! I went with the MCA Vostons. Price point was likeable at $1750 via Pro Speed Racing. Also wanted a setup that was capable of providing some comfort as well as performance if I feel like dialing them up a few clicks. Well, as much performance as a Levorg can offer lol. All this plus an escape from the Bilstein hell the car has been living up to this point....

Build quality is superb on these, and it feels great to go with a local manufacturer for piece of mind and warranty. Black and green looks mean also, thats important!

Immediate and positive difference to the car. Feels like contact with the road is vastly improved, and a sharper response from steering and cornering I have noticed straight away. I drove the long way home and just wow, huge improvement to the overall driving experience.
Firm, but loveable, and zero bouncing from the rear. I purposely took a few windy roads and found some potholes as well. Its Sydney, theres plenty... Pushed the car hard and it ate them without issue.

Im sure with some adjustment over time ill find the optimal sweet spot.

Most of all, that f@#$ing bang from the front shocks has disappeared.... Hallelujah.

Id recommend this upgrade to anyone. As others have mentioned previously, its how the car should have been designed from factory.

MSR fitted, adjusted, and tested for $380.

Happy camper over here. Anyone keen to take the Bilsteins off my hands? ;)
Man, I love this for you, still saving up to get my MCA, I was wondering if Voston at front and Regular shocks at back would work also.

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
Man, I love this for you, still saving up to get my MCA, I was wondering if Voston at front and Regular shocks at back would work also.
Hey mate, cheers! Its definitely woken the car up in the comfort and handling dept. The only other mod I have to date is a rear swaybar which helps some, but the Vostons are a definitive upgrade over the Bilsteins...
Id recommend holding out a little longer and getting a full set, rather than just the fronts.
Honestly you wont regret the change it makes to the car over the factory junk, like night and day.
Let us know how you go!

Last edited: