Rear Anti Roll Bar Options and size?

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hi, has anyone replaced the rear anti roll bar with a larger / stiffer one, and can let us know your experience?

I am keen to know if you went with 22mm, 24mm, which brand, how the car handled afterwards etc. 24mm seems very large / still compared to the 20mm one my car came with (although the front one is 24mm).

What I am hoping for is really just to reduce the amount of understeer. I can't say that the amount of body roll is really too bad. Almost enough to make me wonder if 22mm front and rear would have been the way to go. My car is an MY16 GTS 2.0 with everything stock in the suspension. I am lloking at putting coilovers in and wondering if I should change the rear sway bar at the same time.

Thanks for any advice
Andrew

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Can't say I've noticed allot of understeer with the MCA Pro Comforts so havn't modded any other suspension components, but this info may be useful to you...

MCA website has a good suspension tuning section under the Support-technical info tabs, for understeer they recommend:-
If understeers into corners
  • Higher rear spring rate.
  • Softer front spring rate.
  • Softer front bump setting.
  • Harder rear rebound setting.
  • Higher rear ride height.
  • Harder rear anti-roll bar

Stockysan

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Can't say I've noticed allot of understeer with the MCA Pro Comforts so havn't modded any other suspension components, but this info may be useful to you...

MCA website has a good suspension tuning section under the Support-technical info tabs, for understeer they recommend:-
If understeers into corners
  • Higher rear spring rate.
  • Softer front spring rate.
  • Softer front bump setting.
  • Harder rear rebound setting.
  • Higher rear ride height.
  • Harder rear anti-roll bar
Thanks, there’s probably enough in there to indicate I should put the coilovers on and see how it goes before messing with the anti roll bar.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
MCA actually has a special on atm, Pro Comforts are $200 off. Till 4 July I think.