Sale-Genuine STi Flexible Front Tower Brace

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi Guy’s
Just in case anyone is interested in a bargain, I’ve found these Genuine STi tower bars on special, down from $750 to $299 for a short time. I’ve ordered one, the link is below if you’re interested. It’s from prospeedracing.com.au
;)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Welcome, ask and ye shall receive;)8B1A9D45-E63F-4BA0-AB98-3C73AB95054A.jpeg
I had previously bought a non OEM one, but took it straight back as it went across the top of the intercooler and interfered with the rear of the hood scoop shroud, stopping the air from the scoop being forced through the intercooler.
They are still on special at the above link, gone up to $329AUD now, but most places are still selling it for $650 to $800.

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
I have one on mine, works well with the other bits & pieces, chuckle

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
I have one on mine, works well with the other bits & pieces, chuckle
By other bits & pieces are you referring to the Front Flexible Draw Stiffener & Rear Flexible Support Subframe? Or some other goodies? No wonder you’re still smiling on every drive! ;)

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Yes, lots of fun, makes the driving experience the subtle things make it that little bit better, chuckle.

Jeff

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2.0ltr, Volvo C30 R design, HSV 285kw Clubsport
Hi Guvna I have an my20 levorg and got this front tower strut. Looks exactly the same as your one in the photo but does not seem to fit. Did you modify any of the rear plastic trim? Or do you have to install with the bonnet off? the bar does not seem to sit it behind the top of the engine to the wall.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Hi Jeff, you need to take the engine cover off, bonet can stay on. It’s a tad fiddly to get it back there, but as long as you loosen the bolts on the strut bar first you should get it back there. If still struggling you can take one strut bracket totally off the bar. Get it in position and then reattach it. Remember to use the supplied zip tie to tie up the wiring that the bar touches. Also, the new strut nuts were taped hidden inside my box, I didn’t notice them until I went to cut the box down to recycle it grrr Yell out if you still can’t do it, or let me know if you succeed, good luck ;)
P.S This instruction will work for the original STi bar, if it’s an aftermarket one it more than likely won’t sit behind like the original, but across the top of the engine cover which doesn’t allow the hood scoop shroud to seal the top of the intercooler.

Last edited:

Jeff

Vehicle(s)
Thanks Guvna. It is an original sti off a 2016 levorg that is being wrecked. I picked it up today together with side skirts. I had the rear pods and front lip ordered as well but they sold them 40mins before I got to them today. Will try to install bar tomorrow. I bought a levorg my20 that only had 6900 klms on it about a month ago. Just love the car but bad for tickets!

Jeff

Vehicle(s)
Hi Guvna job all done. Once I removed the engine cover I was able to squeeze the bar in correctly like yours. I did not need to undo the bar bolts. This was good as they were very tight. Most likely had locktite or similar on them.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Hi Guvna job all done. Once I removed the engine cover I was able to squeeze the bar in correctly like yours. I did not need to undo the bar bolts. This was good as they were very tight. Most likely had locktite or similar on them.
Sweet, good to hear, happy to help and you'll love the difference it makes too, plus it just looks good AND has STi written on it ;)