Side View Mirror camera not working after new radio

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Hi Levorgers.

Wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem or could help. I bought a 2016 2.0 GT-S a week ago. I got the dealer to take the JDM radio out and put the Kenwood in from my Impreza in. Everything works like a dream, steering controls the lot.

Howe ever the (SVM) Side View Mirror Camera doesn't work now. When I press the button it doesn’t bring up the camera view. It still works to get into the centre screen menu. I don’t see how this has anything to do with the old JDM radio as its a safety feature that is in EU and AUS models as well. Could it be a simple as a cable that might not have been connected. Any advise would be AWESOME. Much appreciated.

Drick

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2018 STI
I am having a pioneer head unit getting installed in my STI 2018 today and the installer said that we will lose the side and front cameras because of the interface, but they will be trying everything to have it all working and connected. ill let you know how we go

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
I am having a pioneer head unit getting installed in my STI 2018 today and the installer said that we will lose the side and front cameras because of the interface, but they will be trying everything to have it all working and connected. ill let you know how we go
Please do. ANY information at this point will be a step forward.

TheGrandTourer

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg STi Sport
Hi mate, I'm in the exact same situation as yours, my installer told me I would lose the side and front cameras... Now I'm hesitant about installing it. Losing a couple of USB ports is ok, but I don't want to lose too many factory features.

Did you end up having it installed and get the cameras working?

Thanks

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Hi mate, I'm in the exact same situation as yours, my installer told me I would lose the side and front cameras... Now I'm hesitant about installing it. Losing a couple of USB ports is ok, but I don't want to lose too many factory features.

Thanks
I have not got it working yet. All the other features of the my car work perfectly. Its only the SVM camera and the compass (which I dont care about)

I did do a proof of concept. have a look. https://levorgclub.com/threads/wiring-diagrams.794/#post-4933.

I have just mailed https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/ to see if they have a harness or something that could work or a work around for it.

Drick

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2018 STI

Thanks
Yep, it all worked out in the the end and didn't lose the camera features

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
On a levorg fb page someone shared this video on installing an idoing stereo.
I wonder if it really is as simple as the presenter mentions to keep all functions?

If it is a matter of just installing the second box (below the radio, and plugging it in) then I could get any stereo without worrying.